TITLE: Technical Architect IV
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL / Open to Remote
Our client is looking for a Technical Architect to join our Infrastructure & Cloud Services - Production Services team in Jacksonville, FL. They will consider remote candidates with a successful record of being a remote associate. This role is a hands-on technical expert, engineer and strategist combining experience of systems engineering, networking, and application development to deliver enterprise-level technology services that integrate software with an emphasis on automation, efficiency, and reliability. The position will also be required to perform other duties, projects, or activities as specified by their management.
- Must have a strong understanding of web communication technologies, application design, navigation, and enterprise architecture standards and guidelines
- Must have a strong understanding of data exchange mechanisms like REST and SOAP web services, SSH, APIs, and the supporting authentication and encryption technologies like mTLS, digital signatures, OAuth, and SSL
- Must have experience with enterprise IT concepts and processes, collaborating with development, performance testing, security, networking, and infrastructure teams
- Must have leadership skills and must have the ability to lead through change
- Should have experience architecting and managing complex systems with high throughput transaction processing, highly available clustered applications, operational datastore environments, enterprise datacenter implementations
- Should have experience working with a broad range of web communication technologies and the ability to guide solutions towards standards that best align with the needs
- Should have the ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities, and use sound decision making to work through ambiguity
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to document and explain designs to diverse audiences (technical, business, etc)
- Will stand out if you have knowledge of the health care/payer/provider/insurance industry, standard HIPAA transactions processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company
- Will stand out if you have experience delivering services in the cloud, AWS a plus
- Responsible for the definition, design, delivery, and support of enterprise services with current implementations using Apache, DataPower, API Connect, MQ, etc.
- Communicating with customers and other stakeholders throughout infrastructure, product development teams, and the business to coordinate project needs and align dependent work items
- Accountable for architectural integrity and technical debt
- Managing configuration as code, in a source-controlled environment and with managed change processes
- Participating in agile processes such as a daily stand-up, story writing/grooming, point estimation, planning, and retrospectives
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues within an enterprise datacenter between disparate systems including externally hosted services
- Acting as a change agent and leading transformation within the department
- 12 or more years of software development or systems engineering experience with high-throughput, high-availability applications
- Extensive experience integrating applications and software using web communication technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree or 3 years of technical architecture work experience would be considered in lieu of a degree
Apply with MATRIX today!