Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Technical Architect
Location: Dallas, TX or Chandler, AZ
Term: 6 months
- Responsible for leading technology solutions for End-to-End implementation of large projects
- Lead a large or several mid size technology projects with deep experience in architecture, distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create solutions that meet regulatory needs for the client
- Collaborate with business, architecture and technology groups to define target state for Credit Card and Merchant Servicing applications
- Describe the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software products to project stakeholders.
- Conduct an evaluation of the system architecture with an emphasis on the design and ensure that the team can deliver solutions
- Partner with key stakeholders to create solutions design approach and lead the implementation with an Agile, engineering mindset, with relentless focus on quality and timely delivery
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternative
- Facilitate the solution discovery process to solve existing business problems
- Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
- Lead Agile Trains with emphasis on technology roadmap creation, Epic creation, backlog and story refinement
- Keep track of project health by identifying schedule and solution risks proactively and solving them
- Evaluate enterprise line of businesses, and strategies, roadmaps and designs for potential alignment and improvement opportunities for Credit Card Business domain
- Responsible for partnering with Enterprise Information security architects to perform 3rd party security assessment on external integrations to align with enterprise privacy and regulatory policies
- Drive technology SLA and performance management working closely with internal as well as third party strategic partners
- Evaluate project constraints to find alternatives, alleviate risks, and perform process re-engineering if required.
- Challenge the status quo and be a change agent to drive implementation of technology solutions
- Responsible for managing and evolving Scaled Agile portfolios of the highest complexity.
- Facilitates the scrum process on scrum teams with significant cross-functional impacts involving project, non-project, or maintenance work.
- Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Uses empirical data to help the team(s) assess their Scrum Maturity , optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Proactively addresses systemic impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers.
- Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partners with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Partners with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects.
- Completion of some work may depend on non-agile work teams.
- Facilitates Scrum of Scrums. May train other Scrum Masters and serve as a mentor to less experienced team members.
- Drives Scrum adoption across all levels in the organization.
- Facilitates and is accountable for owning the Scrum and/or Scaled Agile ceremonies for the scrum team(s).
- Partners with Product Owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team(s) and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Identifies skills & competencies of scrum team members & makes adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams
Ideal Candidates Will Be Able To:
- Develop and motivate teams to expand skillset and be self-sufficient to deliver end to end solutions
- Experience with platform solutions that facilitate mapping, aggregation across interfacing applications and processes
- Ability to successfully work across internal and external partners to design and develop the best product outcomes for our customers
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in enterprise architecture, design or development of enterprise applications and integrations
- 10 + years of .Net and/or Java application development experience or a combination of both
- 5+ years of experience in Microservices development
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Kafka and Pub Sub patterns tools
- 2+ years of MongoDB or other NoSQL database experience
- 5+ year of domain expertise in Credit Card or Financial Services
- 2+ years Agile (preferred Scaled Agile) experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings to reach conclusions, identify tasks, record actions, mitigate or eliminate risks and deliver results
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of product or program management: development of roadmaps, strategies, and management of products ranging from concepts in ideation to delivery
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable technology strategies and initiatives
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience in Customer Experience Roadmap principles
- Experience in product management/development, program management, strategy, marketing and/or related position in a consumer-oriented, technology-dependent environment in financial services or related industries