Position: Technical Architect
Term: 8 Months Contract
- Validate in scope devices to be migrated
- Understand the total customer environment at the data centre
- Understand the usage, configuration, and interdependencies of the environment
- Understand customer constraints
- Develop migration strategy in consultation with the appropriate technical teams, account team, and customer
- Based on the above, create the Detailed Migration Plan (DMP) in consultation with the appropriate technical teams
- Act as the lead during the actual migration
- In parallel, for the devices to be moved, working with the assigned resources, plan each physical migration:
- Validate and document the current physical environment for the devices to be migrated
- Document the target physical environment for the devices to be migrated
- Validate physical capacity at target, reserve capacity for planned migrations
- Act as on-site lead for physical migrations
- This role is often required to work evenings and weekends to support actual migrations.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Experience with data centre infrastructure, compute, storage, virtualization, databases, and networking.
- Experience with planning, designing, and executing physical data centre migrations.
- Experience with application hosting design
- Experience supporting projects with multiple project teams
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts
- Demonstrated understanding of customer business needs in support of data centre program objectives
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks
- Experience documenting data centre changes including project plans, architectural plans, CMDB usage and various enterprise class project tracking and reporting tools
- Experience with data floor space, power, cooling, and air flow planning
- Perform physical audits as required
- Suggest opportunities to improve data-centre migration processes and increase program efficiency by identifying and executing data-centre migration optimization opportunities
- Ability to explain complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook
- Experience with Lumen core systems: DCIM, Netquery, Remedy, Vantive, NEST
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!