Position: Technical Architect
Location: Town and Country, MO 63017
Term: 6 Months Contract
- Responsible for performing onsite WiFi architecture, heat-map assessments
- Leads and provides technical direction as well as hand-on required to resolve complex issues to ensure on-time delivery of solutions that meets project expectations
- Be on-call for after-hour escalations and incidents
- Performs lab evaluation and field trials to validate new technology concepts and tests & certifies wireless hardware and software for existing and future projects.
- Supports new wireless technologies for IoT activities to possibly include: 802.15.4, Bluetooth, 802.11ah, etc.
- The ability to prepare technical reports, client presentations, design documentation, and manuals.
- A willingness to travel to customer locations
- Ability to architect, design, and implement wireless solutions for Enterprise Accounts.
- Design networks with Cisco, Juniper, Meraki, MIST and Aerohive wireless hardware.
- Must have experience with implementing wireless solution for Campus, warehouse and thousands of AP over multiple (local) locations.
- Determine switch, router, and wireless hardware requirements and configurations, and develop, execute, and track purchase orders for required equipment
- Develop device configuration files from scratch and make modifications to existing configuration files in production switch, router, and WLAN systems. Will also be required to configure L2/L3 switch and router-based QOS in LAN and WLAN devices.
- Design, implement, and support WLANs by performing and documenting 802.11 wireless surveys.
- Experience using Ekahau Pro to analyze collected RF data to determine cell boundaries, AP power settings, and noise and interference sources is preferred. Will determine AP placements and deploy APs and perform post-implementation surveys in order to optimize WLAN performance.
- Diagnose difficult network performance problems and diagnose network or application performance issues.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of technical hands-on experience
- 6+ years of experience. No formal education requirements but would expect them to likely have a Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years as an architect focused on design and engineering of large-scale solutions
- Service provider experience is a plus
- Active Certifications
- MS / M Tech / BS / B Tech degree in Computer Science, related technical field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Ekahau and/or AirMagnet Professional Certifications a plus
Must have experience:
- Cisco Wireless LAN controller and related Access Points
- Meraki Wireless
- Aerohive Wireless
- MIST Wireless
- Cradlepoint LTE for OOB Management
- Python scripting to enable automated execution of manual tasks
- Good understanding of REST API with use of tools like postman
- Log analysis tools like Splunk, ELK
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!