Our client is seeking a Technical Analyst for a 6-month contract opportunity in Irving, TX!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads requirement gathering sessions, design efforts and works with vendor, business unit and technology to ensure all requirements are satisfied.
- Elicit requirements from business owners, executives, and stakeholders to design and develop system specifications for functionality requirements relating to business systems in support of critical business strategies
- Identify, assess, and document business requirements, advising the business options and risks.
- Strong background in developing use cases, process diagrams, traceability matrices, functional requirements and other business materials common to an information systems project.
- Analyze business requirements to understand the business needs, system feasibility, and the technical vision that can best fulfill the needs.
- Work with vendors, subject matter experts, and technology team to understand system functionality, dependencies, and constraints toward refining business requirements.
- Concisely translate and convey the functional/configuration features or constraints into business impacts for varying levels stakeholders.
- Ensure that the business requirements/documentation can be easily translated into QA test plans.
- Develop field mapping when necessary.
- Assure that system solutions encompass the appropriate end-to-end interactions with all other systems associated with the business processes.
- Strong SQL skills. Experience writing scripts.
- 10 years as a business analyst or business systems analyst.
- General understanding of database structures and experience with integrating multiple systems.
- At least 5 years experience using tools such as Microsoft Word, Visio and Excel.
- SDLC experience, including both Waterfall and Agile methodologies and processes preferred.
- Experience as a project lead with emphasis in business and technical analysis
- Experience with Jira or other, similar Agile project management software
- Experience with SQL, Excel, and other data tools for data mining, analytics, and reporting
- Familiarity with ServiceNow or other similar CMS / SKMS
- Understanding and basic technical proficiency with VMWare vSphere, Windows Server, and CentOS Linux
- Exposure to SaaS datacenter technologies and environments (e.g. load-balancers, firewalls, storage appliances, etc.)
- Basic understanding of common protocols and services, including: DHCP, DNS, FTP(S), HTTP(S), LDAP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TCP, UDP
- Exposure to the following common Agile CI/CD development tools: BitBucket, Electric Cloud, Jenkins,
- Experience with enterprise telephony systems and call-center environments is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology, related field, or equivalent work experience