Global FinTech firm seeking a seasoned Technical Support Manager for their experienced yet growing team in Jeffersonville, IN!
This Tech Support Manager will supervise end-user support team members and the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems. He/She/They plans, prioritizes, and schedules edge of network and messaging support activities to ensure continuity of service. Ensures that edge of network and messaging support team members use the ticketing system or other software so that activities and performance can be monitored. Analyzes requests to identify recurring user problems, recommends solutions, and identifies areas where service can be improved. Develops problem solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist the team to respond to user problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises team members and maintains daily end user and elevated support for client desktop issues through various ticketing systems including daily issues with any messaging or mobile device application.
- Plans and coordinates development and support activities for respective areas to include problem resolution and management, application maintenance, project requests and system enhancements.
- Works with management to set priorities for work and build cross functional teams.
- Tracks projects or tasks to keep on schedule and adjusts resource allocation based on work prioritization.
- Conducts weekly project reviews with team members.
- Provide first and second level technical support, which includes centralized incident and request handling for customers with a focus on first call resolution
- Diagnose, triage, and escalate incidents and requests to appropriate tier 3 and tier 4 assignee and/or team. Respond to incidents, requests for service, and questions within required response times.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues on multiple operating systems including Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, iOS, and Android.
- Provide on-site and remote technical support using tools for standard configurations of workstations, laptops, operating systems, software, hardware, printers, and peripherals.
- Assist in system upgrades and maintenance,
- Responsible for configuring, provisioning and supporting various mobile devices and mobile device platforms.
- Work to develop an understanding of standard issues and assist in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with an aptitude for identifying, analyzing, and resolving common technical issues, questions and problems that occur in desktops, mobile devices, operating systems, software, hardware, and peripherals.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to Service Desk and Desktop Support Technicians as a subject matter expert.
- 5 years practical experience in a Desktop Support role
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, hardware platforms and desktop imaging (MAC & PC)
- Asset Management experience including tracking the status of IT assets for End Users; Laptops, Desktops and all peripherals. Create inventory reports upon request. Forecast and plan laptop & desktop refreshes based on predetermined hardware lifecycles.
- Active Directory, Networking, and Telecommunications combination of background or experience.
- Certifications in ITIL Foundation, CompTIA, Apple macOS, Microsoft Windows or Cisco are preferred.