Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company thats not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Digital Accessibility SME
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, 27607
Term: 18 months
- Manages and supports the delivery of technology products & services for medium to large business unit clients.
- Acts as the single point of contact for the client & the appropriate technical groups from solution planning to sizing/estimating to fulfillment.
- Influences technology selection by gathering and reviewing customer information, working with technology teams to determine if custom solution is necessary, and recommend best option to the customer.
- Provides guidance on leveraging new technology.
- Requests sizing estimates and reviews for reasonableness.
- Ensures service quality and cost-effectiveness of solutions.
- Monitors high profile projects to ensure requests are met on time and within sizing, keeping all parties informed of impacts & changes.
- Maintains regular contact with all levels of management within Technology and the supported business unit.
- Conducts research/analysis of competitive market environment for innovative business products & services, regulatory/compliance issues, & implications of new implementations.
- Leads implementation of most complex projects/initiatives impacting multiple lines of business or across the enterprise.
- Understands compliance & risk management requirements for supported area & works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Primary interface with Financial Industry Leaders for 1 business Lines.
- Supports interfaces with Technology Industry Leaders, Analysts & Regulators.
- Provides consultation, guidance, mentoring and evaluations related to digital accessibility (DA).
- Strong consulting skills - the ability to convey their DA expertise and guide or influence project teams to achieve success in creating fully accessible products.
- 3+ years’ strong consultative experience, exhibiting strengths matching the role description above
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in evaluation of digital products for conformance with WCAG v 2.x standards (i.e. v2.0, 2.1 …)
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft collaboration suite, including MS Teams or Skype, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint.