Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this top-ranked U.S. hospital and be part of a larger initiative providing innovative treatments, advanced technology, and collaboration among clinicians and scientists.
Position: Tableau Developer
Location: San Francisco, California, 94103
Term: 3 months
Target Pay Rate: $ 59.99/hr.
- Setup, Configuration and Support of Client BI Technical Environment
- Configure and utilize BI solution set to meet Client BI objectives
- Take technical ownership of Clients implementation of BI solution set,
- Daily support
- Security and access control
- Upgrades and patching (including impact to individual
- Creation and maintenance of key processes by collaborating
- with other developers
- End-user and technical training
- Usage and resource monitoring
- Assist in training staff on the use and capabilities available within the solution set
- Development of Dashboards and Analytic Work Products
- Partner with business stakeholders and / or functional business analysts and / or Project Manager / solutions specialist to design and develop efficient and standards-based BI solutions using Tableau’s BI products that satisfy business information reporting needs
- Serve as a technical leader and advisor to IT and departmental BI developers on the BI product set
- Lead the development of BI solution prototypes that demonstrate performance and usability to business and IT stakeholders
- Oversee of the design and implementation of BI solutions including data acquisition process design, use of BI technology features and functions, business rules processing, and data aggregation and summarization techniques
- Analyze, Design, Develop and implement ETL workflows using tools such as SQL, DataStage, SSIS, etc.,
- Serve as an escalation to resolve complex technical issues in collaboration with staff and provide updates to leadership and business partners
- Lead the tuning and performance improvement of BI solutions
- Participates in data governance process as defined by department /organization
- Leads the development of Innovative Uses of BI Technologies In Support of Client Business Objectives.
- Champion and educate business and IT staff on the use of BI technologies for strategic and tactical decision making
- Utilize expertise to research and evaluate new and emerging BI, analytic and data processing technologies that can help solve pressing Client business problems
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, testing and implementing secure, scalable and high-performance BI and analytic solutions; at least 3 years of experience as a Tableau Developer and 2 years of experience as Tableau Architect
- Experience with dimensional data modeling and relational databases
- Proficient in SQL
- Ability to communicate with high proficiency, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff, in both technical language and business terms.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Proficient in developing technical specifications, presentations, training materials, user documentation, and technical documentation.
- Demonstrated success with overseeing software development lifecycle for enterprise-wide BI projects and ability to assess and solve complex technical problems
- Experience in developing technical staff
- BI and analytics in Healthcare
- Implementation of BI security experience
- Highly advanced skills associated with software specification, design, modification, implementation and deployment of large-scale scope.
- Excellent project leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated complex problem- solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training required
- Master’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training. preferred
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience in the analysis, design, development and implementation of ETL workflows using
- tools such as SQL, Datastage, SSIS, etc.,
- BI and analytics in Education and Research
- Experience with BI and analytic tools such as Qlik and R
- Experience creating and maintaining data visualizations standards
- Experience with predictive / prescriptive analytics and precision medicine