Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Architect
Location: Dallas, TX
Term: 9 months
- Acts in a strategic role in the development and maintenance of architectures for a line of business or infrastructure sub-domain, ensuring compliance with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Responsible for overseeing medium to high architectural impact projects, recommending exceptions to the Enterprise Architecture for high level projects, reviewing and approving medium architectural impact designs, communicating the Enterprise Architecture strategy and direction to both management and systems related teams and directing implementation of the architecture.
- Supports implementation of primarily complex projects/initiatives that have Enterprise Scope or impact.
- Leads efforts in the definition of future technology architecture and strategy.
- Understands compliance and risk management requirements for supported areas.
- Applies knowledge of Architecture frameworks.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Design Patterns, OOP, SOLID, DDD and RESTFul Architecture.
- At least 12 years of application development and implementation experience with 8+ years of Core Java experience with java open source stack & frameworks, Spring, Spring boot
- At least 6+ years of experience as application architect or systems architect.
- Experience delivering projects using agile methodology in Scrum/Agile environment preferably SAFe
- Strong Experience in DevOps processes, CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, uDeploy, Git, Nexus etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Financial industry background & experience
- 12+ years of experience in information technology systems design
- A combination of two or more of the following domain expertise:
- Integration and building API’s in REST using MuleSoft, Camel, Fuse etc.
- API gateways such as Apigee, WSO2 and open source products such as Zuul, Consul and Eureka (Netflix OSS)
- BPM or Workflow such as Alfresco, IBM BPM, jBPM, Activiti, Camunda, ODM, Drools, jRules etc.
- Experience in working utilizing domain driven design, event driven architecture using open source frameworks such as Axon, Spring Boot.
- Experience with Big Data/NoSQL databases and frameworks experience working with Hadoop, Mongo, Cassandra, HBASE, Kafka, MapRDB, Spark, MapR stream.
- Enterprise messaging technologies such as Kafka, IBM MQ, Active MQ, Solace etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of cloud architecture for any of the top providers AWS, Azure or Google (certification is a plus).
- Good understanding of Enterprise Security architecture, SSO, Identity federation using SAML, OAuth2/OIC. Working experience with products such as Ping Identity or Okta is a plus.
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: systems, applications, or architecture planning Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- 3+ year of experience using an industry standard modeling language