Terrific PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Our client has a global portfolio and manufactures highly engineered products and solutions for their customers. Markets include commercial, aerospace, defense, transportation, and industrial.
Job Title: Systems Manager, Global Infrastructure
This role will oversee the design, configuration / implementation, and support of all systems and storage solutions including, but not limited to, SAN/vSAN/NAS, servers (virtual and physical), virtual host and hypervisors, Active Directory, backups, and Disaster Recovery. This position will also lead efforts to consolidate workloads to multi-cloud environment, eliminating single points of failure and increasing resiliency.
- Minimum of 6 years of Systems management experience with responsibility for a team of at least 10+.
- Require a minimum of 10 years of Systems related experience. Must include advanced AD and VMware troubleshooting.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with hyperconverged computing environments as well as experience with Dell VxRail and VMware VCF is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing vendors and service providers.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure elite delivery of all systems, achieving and maintaining Infrastructure SLA globally.
- Lead a geographically distributed team responsible for the configuration, implementation, and troubleshooting of all of systems.
- Oversee topology design and architecture of all servers, storage, and Active Directory.
- Maintain and manage vendor and service provider relationships. Coordinate with VMO and external channel partners to ensure optimal pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (Information Technology, Information Systems) preferred.
- Experience supporting large data center environments (>250 servers) with complex AD topology
- Strong network background with understanding of fundamental routed protocols and troubleshooting network connectivity problems on systems.
- Certifications preferred (e.g. VMware VCP, CSEP, MCSE)
- Knowledge of O365, SAP (and other ERP systems), as well as manufacturing process and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others is desired.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) and work remotely, without direct supervision.