TERM: 12 months contract
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Looking for motivated and talented individuals with a background in Windows Server Administration that are proficient in troubleshooting and diagnosing complex issues, while having the aptitude to learn and leverage new technologies to drive innovation. The candidate will be responsible for installing and configuring MS Windows operating systems, infrastructure and tools including Microsoft Windows Server, Windows Server Failover Cluster, and Microsoft Systems Center. The candidate will ensure that enterprise Microsoft Windows Servers, services and components are tailored to maximize functionality and that they meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Plans and implements service request work. Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical objectives.
- Investigates and resolves complex problems requiring an understanding of the relationship between their own discipline and the wider customer & organizational requirements.
- Performs an extensive range of complex technical or professional work activities. Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental IT principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry. Takes initiative to keep skills up to date.
- Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Maintains support procedures, identifies issues, and resolves problems relating to applications and infrastructure.
- Ability to develop and foster collaborative relationships.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by Manager and Technical Lead
- Ability to use an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Experience Working in an Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and the principles used.
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019
- Experience administering Windows Server Failover Clustering and SQL Clustering
- Experience administering Microsoft DNS/DHCP/IPAM
- Experience working in a VMWare/Hyper-V environment
- Experience working in a public cloud space (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in the following Microsoft products: System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Orchestrator, Virtual Machine Manager
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems in a cross platform environment
- Experience scripting and automation with PowerShell
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Services and Group Policy
- Knowledge of SQL Server Availability Groups
- Familiar with concepts of CI/CD in DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud Native Architecture Principles, Containerization Platforms (Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek (normal work hours 0800 – 1700 EST)
- Work hours will include involvement with on-call which will include working on weekends and/or outside standard work hours.
- Windows Active Directory - level guru
- System Engineer - level expert
- Windows Engineer - level expert
Apply with MATRIX today!