Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Big Data Engineer
Location: Fremont, CA - Phoenix, AZ - Glendale, AZ - Raleigh, NC - St. Louis, MO - Dallas, TX
Term: 24 months
- Primary production support for data ETL jobs which are near real-time within the Large Data warehouse applications.
- Support and maintain processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of Core services platform and applications.
- Troubleshoot and analyze complex production problems related to data, network file delivery, server and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery.
- Drive and participate in postmortems to avoid repeated incidents.
- Solve problems related to the Core services systems and the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Collaborate with the business analysts and ETL development team members to resolve complex data design issues/provide optimal solutions that meet business requirements and benefits system performance.
- Collaborate with channel teams which includes offshore team members, work flexible hours as required to achieve a global follow-the-sun support model.
- Identify and implement operational best practices and process improvements within the following functional areas: Audit, Risk, Change, Event detection, Incident Management, Problem management, Vulnerability Management, Technical Refresh, Tools and Application Support
- Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing as necessary.
- Develop and foster a positive relationship with team members, team leads and business partners.
- Develop and update documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment
- Implement best practices for production environments
- Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing as necessary
- Evaluates internal and external software solutions which could be leveraged to meet target state architecture goals.
- Considers industry offerings, open source communities and standard practices for delivery the infrastructure.
- Consults with the delivery teams to develop infrastructure to provide solutions for business applications.
- Creates technical designs, implementation plans, identify project risks and resource requirements.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Designs, builds, deploys, and maintains Infrastructure solutions through collaborative efforts with team members and third party vendors; collaborates with application and technology owners to bring them into the Situational Awareness Environment.
- Ensures a stable enterprise wide environment and reviews high impact outages to ensure the proper processes and procedures are in place to avoid problems in the future.
- Participates in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the infrastructure, such as evaluation of new software and hardware required to meet a business need or to make a process more effective.
- Directs the daily Risk and Control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success; re-engineering and driving continual service improvement.
- Interacts with Customer and Vendor relationships.
- Proactively recommends courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience supporting or designing complex ETL production environments
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and MapR
- 5+ years of Ab Initio/Informatica experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 5+ years of Autosys /any scheduling tool experience
- 3+ years of PAC2000/Service Now experience
- Big Data Tools & Technologies, Ab Initio, & Teradata experience
- 7+ years of systems analysis experience
- 7+ years of systems programming experience
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Experience in managing IT infrastructure for a medium-to-large organization
- Experience with IT operational stability
- Superior customer service orientation and relationship management skills with organizational partners and customers
- Expert knowledge in infrastructure engineering services and technologies
- Strong knowledge of voice and network technologies and architecture
- Practical knowledge of ITIL application processes and implementation
- Experience with key controls pertaining to IT infrastructure management
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of incident management: gathering impacts and analyzing data
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- 3+ years of Teradata experience
- 2+ years of business intelligence experience
- 3+ years of Scripting experience in Perl, Shell or Python
- 2+ years of experience with analysis, data science, data modeling, or business analysis