Position: Systems Engineer
Term: 6-12 months with opportunity for conversion
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Systems Engineer to support our Surface Transportation and Critical Infrastructure team leading teams of engineers in developing and deploying complete integrated solutions and systems for the Rail / Transit industry.
* Technical lead engineer for complex Integration, Software and Hardware projects.
* Leadership and value added application of Systems Engineering practices.
* Analyze, trace, and ensure adherence to system requirements on all assigned projects through the development and maintenance of the requirements traceability matrix.
* Evaluate, analyze, and document all explicit and implicit system operational concepts through interaction with all stakeholders on assigned projects.
* Ensure system and subsystem design meet the system requirements through development of documentation, participation in design reviews, and constant communication with other functional disciplines on assigned projects.
* Develop a strong understanding of the technical solution within each functional discipline and maintain that understanding as the technical solutions are enhanced and mature.
* Follow all client ISO, CMMI, and engineering policies and procedures in performing day to day activities on assigned projects.
* Plan and develop engineering management plan for assigned projects, including engineering schedules, budget plans, and staffing plans.
* Identify and evaluate risks and opportunities on all assigned projects and work with the project manager to develop risk mitigation strategies.
* Work closely with the project manager on assigned projects to ensure project performance in regards to cost, schedule, and quality.
* Monitor and report project engineering performance to leadership through formal status reviews and develop project corrective action plans to improve project performance when necessary.
* Perform engineering trade studies on new technologies or new solutions.
* Organize and direct assigned project team members from other functional disciplines to ensure schedule adherence, timely issue resolution, and proper prioritization of tasks.
* Assist business development with bid and proposal opportunities through development of compliance matrices, technical solution, cost estimation, and proposal documentation.
* Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR
* Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience
* Engineering experience in project operations, including all phases of the system development life cycle.
* Experience managing system requirements or technical project management.
* Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS.
* Experience with scheduling tools, such as MS Project or Primavera.
* Proven domain knowledge and knowledge of products, systems, industry best practices, and applicable regulatory requirements on assigned projects.