Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Application Support Engineer
Location: New York, New York, 10001
Term: 12 months
- Develops specifications for complex infrastructure systems, design, and test solutions.
- Designs complex system upgrades.
- Contributes to the analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements.
- Develops tools and frameworks to provision infrastructure and manage access controls.
- Designs and develop solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Takes on new infrastructure requirements and developing infrastructure code.
- Develops documentation for requirements, operational policies, and procedures, as well as documentation to deploy monitoring tools to the data center and application operations teams.
- Drives solutions to reduce Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR), enable High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Proactively identify troublesome trends as they develop; analyzes/predicts trends and develops a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintains high service levels for the IT community.
- Directs the daily Risk and Control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success; re-engineering and driving continual service improvement internal business partners such as product management, technical leads, systems operations, and service and support.
- Contributes to the vision and high-level technical concepts spanning technology and business.
- Champions and supports other team members by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and helping to mentor and grow team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Monitoring tool knowledge and skills (Splunk, ITRS and AppDynamics)
- Monitoring tool setup/configuration (Splunk, ITRS and AppDynamics)
- SRE Automation
- 3 – 5 years of application support knowledge
- Soft skills – oral and written
- Unix/Linux and Windows OS support experience
- ITIL or SixSigma experience
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience
- 5+ years of systems programming experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- Hadoop experience is a plus
- Expert knowledge and understanding of technologies related to infrastructure engineering
- Ability to identify, report, and solution problems in new and existing software in a team environment
- Ability to identify and correct system capacity issues
- Ability to help remediate tough technical support issues In-depth technical solution knowledge, including installation, configuration, performance tuning, and problem solving