Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for enterprise level designing, planning, implementing and supporting of UNIX/Linux/Windows systems in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment. Responsibilities include identifying and correcting performance issues, and providing support to applications developers, infrastructure teams, DevOps and endusers.
The incumbent will be involved in designing automated solutions, process improvement, server provisioning, Capacity and Performance Management, performance monitoring, software installations, technical assistance, server security management, hardware recommendations and procurement.
- Performs all non-emergency disruptive maintenance, repairs, and upgrades (i.e., operating system upgrades, server refresh, enhancements, installs etc.) during non-business hours or as coordinated
- Provides 24x7 on-call production support; provides triage and root cause analysis
- Performs Capacity and Performance management
- Performs system administration activities, including server management, performance monitoring, management of system resources, auditing system logs, back-up and recovery, security, storage management, server and solution design, process improvement and automation using DevOps tools, and maintenance of complex systems
- Manages monthly patch maintenance; conducts and responds to UNIX/Linux security audits; works with Enterprise Security to define and implement UNIX/Linux security policy
- Identifies, troubleshoots, documents, and resolves the root causes of repeated incidents
- Improves existing products and procedures by evaluating latest trends and conducts POCs on latest software and hardware technologies
- Creates and maintains documentation to support the testing, installation, operations and maintenance of data center equipment support center
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing engineering projects
- Supports and collaborates with other Engineers through evaluation, design analysis, and development phases
- Maintains knowledge, ensures competency and compliance with policies and procedures, in order to be the technical expert while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned
- Experience with server system products involving a variety of software and hardware implementations.
- Experience with requirements analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance responsibilities as well as production support of multiple servers. Experience in projects working as a member of a technical team and/or leading the roll out of production and test systems.
- Ability to understand business plans and apply that information into the development of an IT business case
- Anticipates problems, resistance or likely objections and takes action to resolve them
- Ability to lead and manage small to large enterprise network implementations or changes
- Ability to guide, train and mentor associate engineers
- Highly skilled in developing quantitative cost/benefit analysis to measure improvements
- Proficient in organizational processes as well as capable of assessing and initiating change of such processes
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge and application of competency and can consult as well as lead others in its application