Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Production Support Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC 28262
Term: 24 months
- Reviews and approves release change documents (ITSMs).
- Fixes application and data issues as they arise.
- Execute and oversee Production deployments, including but not limited stop and start job, updating processing tables, and write script.
- Plans, designs, documents and enforces escalation policies and procedures.
- Provides activity, progress and status reports to management and keeps management posted of any critical issues.
- Provides accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue.
- Troubleshoots/triages job failures and work closely with AD/Prod support/vendors to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on research issues escalated from Operations internal alerts, Help Desks, Support Groups and other departments. Improves deployment processes and tools; architecture, design and day-to-day technical support and scheduling/governance models.
- Identify & suggest Business improvement opportunities.
- Directs the daily Risk and Control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success; re-engineering and driving continual service improvement.
- Interacts with customers (internal / external) to meet process deliverables.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of diagnostic and support tools used in a support environment
- Experience with Help Desk or Production Support in a financial services company
- 5+ years of experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 5+ years of experience in production supporting, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer/vendor relations, demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 5+ years of experience using ticket tracking tools for change management, problem and incident management, and availability management, demonstrated through work, military, or education
- IT Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL)
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology