Position: Systems Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, OH 45202
Term: 2 Months Contract
- Manage, maintain, support, troubleshoot and optimize a wide range of Linux and Mac based solutions presently in place while making suggestions and adjustments to future needs.
- Assist end users via telephone, e-mail, with a wide range of questions, problems and requests with their in-store technology and connectivity needs
- Monitor and track incidents and trouble calls in HDA ticketing system in support of the incident and problem management process; recognize high priority tickets and take action within the expected response time
- Update all assigned tickets capturing troubleshooting activities and resolution
- Resolve escalations from the IT Service Desk and handle client support requests as well as take ownership of product issues and ensuring closure is achieved
- Distribute enterprise applications for Point of Sale and mobile devices
- Assist in maintaining corporate liability device inventory.
- Train end users on in-store technology.
- Plan, create and deploy security and device management policies.
- Keep abreast of what the future is bringing in terms of new products and enhancements to products and how those changes affect our company plans
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 3 to 5 years experience will work
- Need someone local to Cincinnati or Mason OH
- Technical troubleshooting and hands-on experience with Linux, Android and iOS is required
- In-depth knowledge of Linux troubleshooting methods - both client and server-side is required
- Software Distribution tools (rsync, Zenworks Linux Management)
- Networking knowledge (OSPF, DNS, DHCP, Mac Reservation, IPTables)
- Wireless network (Wi-Fi) setup
- Digital Media Devices and Management
- Scripting/Programming languages (Bash, Perl, Python, CGI, Ruby)
- Oracle/PostgreSQL Database
- Code Repository such as GIT
- Web based Infrastructure such as Caching Appliances (Squid), Apache
- Web based languages/framework (HTML, XML, HTML5, Catalyst)
- Support and Management tools such as Puppet, Nagios, Zabbix, Spacewalk, Splunk
- Automated Image Build Solutions (pxe, autoyast, kickstart)
- Virtual Technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Xen
- Ability to secure operating systems using tools such as SELinux, AppArmor, AIDE, ClamAV
- Linux Driver Development a plus
- Linux Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Ability to perform end user training on in-store and supporting technology
- Analysis and investigation skills, with a structured approach to problem solving
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as strong verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
- Apple XCode tools and development a plus
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!