Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: UnixSystems Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28262
- Develops specifications for complex infrastructure systems, design, and test solutions.
- Designs complex system upgrades. Contributes to the analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements.
- Develops tools and frameworks to provision infrastructure and manage access controls.
- Designs and develop solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Takes on new infrastructure requirements and developing infrastructure code.
- Develops documentation for requirements, operational policies, and procedures, as well as documentation to deploy monitoring tools to the data center and application operations teams.
- Drives solutions to reduce Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR), enable High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Proactively identify troublesome trends as they develop; analyzes/predicts trends and develops a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintains high service levels for the IT community.
- Directs the daily Risk and Control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success; re-engineering and driving continual service improvement internal business partners such as product management, technical leads, systems operations, and service and support.
- Contributes to the vision and high-level technical concepts spanning technology and business.
- Champions and supports other team members by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and helping to mentor and grow team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience
- Tomcat, Apache and Unix/Linux systems.
- Exposure to Windows, batch processing, F5/Load Balancing.
- 5+ years of systems programming experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- Expert knowledge and understanding of technologies related to infrastructure engineering
- Ability to identify, report, and solution problems in new and existing software in a team environment
- Ability to identify and correct system capacity issues
- Ability to help remediate tough technical support issues In-depth technical solution knowledge, including installation, configuration, performance tuning, and problem solving