Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Under general supervision, this position has the responsibility to design, implement and manage systems within the clients Windows environment that host applications and services used by our clients and staff. This includes providing production and test support in a client server environment with interfaces to UNIX, Mainframe and Sun Systems. Conducting technical analysis and troubleshooting of Windows servers as it pertains to the distributed environments; Establish and meet goals and objectives that support client requirements through technical solutions; Participate in, recommend, and collaborate with clients as well as technical resources to design, implement, and manage infrastructure solutions pertaining to Unix / Cloud
Perform day-to-day system management and application support including server administration, performance monitoring, backup and recovery, and client problem resolution. Perform periodic and emergency system maintenance, minimizing client impact to the greatest extent possible. Research, analyze and make recommendations for hardware, software, network and system standards and configurations. Coordinate work efforts with users, operations, helpdesk, vendors and other technical team members. Contribute to technology and information systems planning and budget process. Prepare system documentation, operational guides and project plans. Prepare status reports for management monthly and as otherwise required.
- Unix Systems Engineering Familiarity
- Four year-college degree and/or equivalent post-high school education and work experience. A degree in Computer Science and/or MIS preferred.
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience with client support in multi-server environment, including experience supporting multi-tier applications, as part of client server architecture is required.
- Three years hands-on experience with Windows Server System products involving a variety of software and hardware implementations.
- Ability to demonstrate requirements analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance responsibilities for these systems as well as production support of multiple servers.
- Experience within an environment of structured life cycle management including change management system and extensive testing prior to implementation.
- Must be capable of working in all phases of Windows systems deployment in supporting production and test environments, including the ability to trouble shoot, resolve, and recommend technology solutions related to Windows Server and networks.
- Cloud Experience
- Excellent customer services skills required. Excellent business and technical communication skills, both verbal and written. Must read and write English fluently.
- Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills required. Ability to foster an environment that promotes long-term problem avoidance. This is the ability to trouble shoot as well as determine problem sources and implement solutions/policies and procedures that reduce the possibility of problems reoccurring. Demonstrated leadership in quality and work practices.
- Assisting and mentoring technical team members.
- Ability to quickly learn technical and/or conceptual information, identify key issues and details, and present understandable alternatives to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to manage time and priorities to respond to deadlines. Ability to work on multiple tasks that are not necessarily well defined, under pressure of full workload, tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- 7/24 rotation for on-call support.