Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Systems Architect
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Dallas, TX
Term: 24 months
- Acts in a strategic role in the development and maintenance of architectures for a line of business or infrastructure sub-domain, ensuring compliance with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Responsible for overseeing medium to high architectural impact projects, recommending exceptions to the Enterprise Architecture for high level projects, reviewing and approving medium architectural impact designs, communicating the Enterprise Architecture strategy and direction to both management and systems related teams and directing implementation of the architecture.
- Supports implementation of primarily complex projects/initiatives that have Enterprise Scope or impact.
- Leads efforts in the definition of future technology architecture and strategy.
- Understands compliance and risk management requirements for supported areas.
- Applies knowledge of Architecture frameworks.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Development background in Java preferred.
- Experience with modern technologies such as event-based architecture, public/private cloud, containers/Kubernetes, Kafka, MongoDB, etc. is also desired.
- Prior related experience leading and/or managing architecture strategies
- Deep understanding of architecture best practices
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- 7+ years of experience leading medium and large-scale program architecture solutions
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to lead during times of ambiguity and change
- Ability to manage initiatives related to the following: architecture roadmap that aligns with business strategy and the broader architecture community; hardware and capacity planning, consolidation and rationalization; related emerging technology assessment and incubation
- Strong presentation skills
- 7+ years of experience in information technology systems design
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: systems, applications, or architecture planning
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- 3+ year of experience using an industry standard modeling language