Role: Engineer & Tools Architect - Salesforce Netsuite
Location: Palo Alto, CA; possibly remote if out-of-area
Direct Hire FTE Role
Our SaaS client seeks a Systems and Tools Manager (aka Engineer & Tools Architect - Salesforce Netsuite) to lead a small team and immediately make a concrete impact on the growth of the business, while scaling cloud infrastructure.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design the architecture and lead the implementation of internal systems and tools at to support customer self-service, subscription and billing management, device and customer fleet configurations and associated internal metrics and dashboards
- Work across functions - including Cloud and Device Engineering teams, Finance, Customer Service and Sales.
- Make sure systems and tools are built in a modern way that scales, assure data integrity across systems and error proof interfaces.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of Engineering experience, preferably delivering large scale production software
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager as the team grows
- Be a cloud software matter expert with strong competencies in distributed and secure API design and integrations, data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Work with your team and cross functional partners to define and influence strategy
- Experience with common enterprise systems and API integrations - such as Salesforce, Netsuite and alike
- Drive roadmap creation and execution
- Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives and have an impact at an organizational level
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and testable code using modern server platforms and languages such as Python and GoLang
- Absolutely fanatical about automation, metrics and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of AWS services.
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience working with offline map/reduce systems, such as Spark or Hadoop based systems and software
- Ability to decompose complex distributed systems and quickly pinpoint issues
- Work effectively with cross functional partners and stakeholders to set and achieve optimal outcomes
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or related engineering fields or equivalent experience