Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Systems Analyst to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Systems Analyst
Term: 6+ months
Location: Remote, USA
To be eligible to convert to a FTE of the client, you must reside in NC or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years of systems analysis experience OR a Masters Degree and 3 years of systems analysis experience. If no degree, 7 years of systems analysis experience required.
- Must have proven experience in: Requirements Management, Developing Functional Designs, Software development life cycles (SDLC), Use case business model methodology, Database queries (SQL) and Batch and online processing
- Solid experience with project management.
- Developer Background
- Healthcare Background specific to Provider Data Management
- CBAP - Certified Business Analyst Professional or similar certification
Coordinate Analysis and Functional Design:
- Quickly understand larger and/or more complex business issues and data challenges of the customer. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details; abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Utilize expertise in analyzing end to end business and technical flows, including impacts to operations.
- Review, edit, and prioritize business requirements, specifications, processes and recommendations related to proposed solution. Distinguish user requests from the underlying true business need.
- Translate business/functional requirements into system level functional solutions using various techniques that include: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, screen interface prototypes, demos, and/or business, task, and workflow analysis.
- Coordinate the development of functional design specifications. Include project assumptions, risks/issues, considerations, and dependencies based on the system impacts. Proactively identify the business process and organizational impact of proposed solutions.
Coordinate Technical Recommendations and Traceability:
- Guide project personnel to identify required system changes, additions or retirement. Conduct gap analysis for business/functional requirements and current system functionality, with support, review and input from other Technical staff.
- Collaborate with business analysts, designers, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs. Provide expertise for dividing the project into multiple phases based on the business priorities, design, schedule, and level of effort.
- Ensure traceability from business/functional requirements through development of the solution, to confirm system functionality and ensure the completed system fulfills the goals of the project as detailed in the specifications.
- Mentor less experienced staff and coordinates work as needed for larger projects.