Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Windows Systems Administrator
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
Term: 7 Months
- Under broad supervision, installs, configures, and supports a local area network, wide area network, internet system, computers, desktops and/or mobile devices.
- Monitors assigned systems on a regular basis to detect abnormal conditions.
- Works with appropriate GDOL personnel and/or vendor personnel to resolve problems.
- Escalates the problems to appropriate levels of IT management and/or vendor management if the Incident/Problem is not resolved in a timely manner.
- Develops appropriate corrective action for abnormal conditions.
- Ensures that all assigned systems remain at vendor supported levels.
- Escalates any known or potential issues with assigned systems to IT management.
- Develops and documents an implementation plan for the installation/maintenance/upgrade of assigned systems.
- Develops and documents a test plan, and thoroughly tests system changes before and after implementation.
- Strictly adheres to the Agency’s Change Management policies and procedures.
- Coordinates installation and maintenance of related software with other technical support personnel to assure maximum systems performance with minimum downtime.
- Ensures that all assigned systems are in full compliance of GDOL Security Policies.
- Installs security patches and upgrades to assigned systems in a timely manner.
- Documents all processes and procedures for any tasks performed on assigned systems.
- Documentation should be updated as processes and/or procedures change, inclusive of software versioning/upgrades.
- Ensures that appropriate backups are created and retained for assigned systems.
- Ensures that appropriate backups are sent to Disaster Recovery site for assigned systems.
- Participates in the Annual Disaster Recovery Test.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server operating systems. Experience to include capacity planning for server builds, performance tuning, advanced troubleshooting, migrations/upgrades, failover clustering. Extensive experience with all currently supported versions of Standard and Datacenter required (2012, 2012R2, 2016, 2019).
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory and related technologies. Experience to include Directory Services advanced Group Policy design and management, Domain Controller replication health and capacity planning, account and group management. Also to include Certificate Services and PKI infrastructure management; Domain Name System (DNS) management; DCHP infrastructure implementations. Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) instance administration. Federation Services (ADFS) design, administration and migrations required.
- 5+ years of experience with Windows File servers. Experience to include advanced NTFS/Share permissions, role-based access control data modeling, capacity planning/monitoring, file server migrations, DFS Namespace.
- 5+ years of experience with Networking. Experience to include VLANs, general TCP/IP, server and network firewalls, and problem resolution/testing methods.
- 5+ years of experience with Server Security. Experience to include preparing server systems for audits per the Security Officer’s requirements, implementation of IRS SCSEM guidelines & CIS Benchmark guidelines, maintaining systems at required level per monthly review.
- 5+ years of experience with Server Monitoring. Experience to include System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to monitor server and services health and availability, distributed application health and availability, Management Pack customizations. Experience may include ManageEngine Applications Manager.
- 5+ years of experience with SIEM and Auditing Systems. Experience to include ManageEngine ADAudit Plus, ManageEngine ADManager Plus, ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer.
- 5+ years of experience with Server Patching/Updating. Experience to include Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager for deployment of monthly server patches and updates, and server-targeted application deployments/updates where applicable.
- 5+ years of experience with Virtualization Technologies. Experience with VMware ESXi 5.5-7.0+. May also include Hyper-V with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2016-2019.
- 5+ years of experience with 3rd Party Applications. Experience to include implementation and support of various 3rd party specialized applications across the agency.
- 5+ years of experience with Exchange On-Premise. Experience to include Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019 system design, administration and migrations. Advanced understanding of mail flow concepts/SMPT.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft 365. Experience to include O365 Suite, Exchange Online administration, Azure AD Conditional Access policy implementation, Intune administration, on-premise Azure AD Connect administration and upgrades, Dynamics 365 administration, Power Apps portal administration.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!