- Provides systems administration and service delivery, accountability for operation, maintenance, and security of the physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure; including servers, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, databases, and security systems used in support of corporate and division applications.
- Provides technical support for software and hardware systems that supply end users with tools to enhance their productivity and effectiveness to support business applications.
- Systems Administration – Evaluates new software and hardware, as required. Participates in both the short term and long range process of developing departmental plans. Contributes in efforts toward group and company goals. Participates in the technical changes to the server environment with other department staff and user departments, as required. Applies hardware and software modifications without adversely affecting the current production environment.
- Performs activity monitoring, system tuning and capacity planning. Provides input for standards for development, maintenance, and use of systems software. Designs and implements custom software and scripts, as required.
- Provides an exceptional level of technical support to the planning, systems development, and operational activities of the department. Provides level three consulting to the IT staff, external contractors, and user departments on aspects of interaction with the Windows server environment.
- Installs, configures, and maintains Windows Server operating systems and associated software. Supports VM/ware, Windows server, and Active Directory, as well as other vendor software, such as EndPoint Security, and AD security audits. Provides technical support for applications running on or interacting with the Windows servers. Installs, configures, and maintains server and storage hardware and related software/firmware. Monitors the performance and utilization of hardware and software resources and reports usage needs and problems to management. Troubleshoots problems associated with the supported server environments. Notifies IT management in a timely manner of system interruptions or other significant problems; takes corrective action as required.
- Works with team members in areas such as overseeing installations; ensuring backup systems operate effectively, technical support, hardware and software support and upgrades, systems administration, software integration, purchasing hardware and software, providing IT technology infrastructure.
- Helps maintain such key systems as Active Directory/Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Windows Server, and Crowdstrike.
- Maintains a culture of continuous improvement by managing long and short-term projects using approved tools.
- Works within budget contraints
- Has strong written, oral and communication and facilitation skills.
- Works closely with others to promote cyber security initiatives
- Fosters positive work relationships
- Observes and enforces all company, human resources and safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Keeps AVP, IT Infrastructure and other key managers abreast of significant issues or developments as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical IT degree plus related experience (infrastructure, network engineering, network administration, programming, network architecture, etc.) is required; OR an equivalent combination of related education and/or experience is required.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be proficient in the operation of Intel based Windows and Linux servers, LAN’s and WAN’s, and the use of personal computers
- Requires a strong understanding of network connectivity and communications software
- Requires an in-depth knowledge and extensive experience with server products, including blade servers, rack mount servers, enterprise class storage, and managed PDU’s.
- Experience with Dell and Cisco hardware and APC infrastructure is strongly desired.
- Hands-on experience with switches, SAN’s, and NAS’s is required