Title: IT Systems Administrator
Term: 12 months, with possibility of extension
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
We are looking for a IT Systems Administrator to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity. You will analyze and determines the requirements for the implementation, development and support of complex computer systems. You will also coordinate work within the various IT divisions on specific projects and evaluates results with users in order to produce successful installations of computer systems/software. Additionally, you will develop application systems and programs according to specifications, interact with users to define problems and determine needs, coming to consensus on functional specifications, which produce the desired result.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Patch management- Desktop and Server patch coordination and after-hours deployment.
- Test applications for server and desktop Windows patches.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and/or process identification and definition. Analyze system problems and takes corrective action.
- Assist team with service desk ticket management.
- Develop and document data standards; prepares documentation for new systems and system modifications in accordance with established County standards and procedures.
- Prepare and analyze a variety of system reports and makes recommendations on system upgrades.
- Evaluate hardware and/or software for improvements and possible modifications; plans and develops third party systems deployment; trains users.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems/Data Science/Analytics or related field
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible, systems administration experience in a large scale Information Technology environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Understanding of relational databases and systems integration
- Must be able to independently work with customer, gather requirements and provide analytical reports to variety of management levels and organizational departments
- Coordinate with vendors and internal IT teams regarding maintenance/performance issues; prioritize bug fixes; oversee application and server updates; test bug fixes.
- Attention to detail essential, highly organized and motivated to provide excellent customer support
- Must be able to produce technical and user-level documentation
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Two years of experience implementing, and supporting software applications and providing user-end support
- Experience in a large environment where management of critical systems exists.
- Preferred experience providing direction and training to users at various levels of expertise to increase their knowledge and abilities to utilize systems supported.
- Experience with project life cycle and project management principles.
- 5+ years’ experience with Crystal Reports and/or SSRS
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL Server databases, Oracle is a plus
- In-depth knowledge writing, reading, debugging SQL Stored Procedures
- Dependable: Excellent attendance, maintains positive working relationship with co-workers and customers; maintains positive and proactive attitude
- Communication: Utilizes strong communication skills to communicate with management, users, colleagues and vendors. Strong listening skills to ensure that the needs of all parties are understood
- A solid understanding of DBA concepts and practices
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands basic routing concepts and ports
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language
- A fundamental understanding of System Application Development Life Cycle
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating systems
- Independent problem-solving skills, automate processes and self-direction
- 2+ years utilizing the Microsoft BI stack including Power BI Pro a plus
- Strong skills in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Series (SSIS) to deliver BI Solutions. SQL 2012 required, and SQL 2017 preferred
- Experience in dealing with complex and dirty data sources originating in multiple formats
- Experience with data modeling, data analysis, data profiling and data mapping
- Must understand general business practices, business analysis, requirements gathering
- Must have superior problem-solving skills and techniques to resolve issues that arise with complex business systems
- Proven experience working with business stakeholders to understand their business intelligence needs and delivering those needs
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as well as independent setting
- Be self-driven with the desire to achieve measurable, specific results within tight time frames
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve critical production issues
- A fundamental understanding of ITIL concepts
- Aptitude to understand complex business logic quickly and translate to technical needs
Apply to MATRIX today!