Our client is seeking a Systems Administrator for a direct-hire opportunity in Arlington, TX!
The System Administrator is responsible for enhancing, securing, and maintaining our Corporate technology infrastructure using current best practice methodologies. While some development functions will be involved, this is primarily a hands-on support role specifically to support Microsoft and Cisco technologies.
- Manage and monitor Corporate IT systems and infrastructure ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure security and availability.
- Assist in the creation of IT systems compliance policies and ensure adherence for compliance.
- Serve as an extension and escalation point for junior members of the desktop support group.
- Work with end users to understand business needs to identify best solutions and continually evaluate current state and new or under-used functionality to drive system improvement.
- Perform day-to-day operations, maintenance, support and troubleshooting activities through prioritization of requests and communication with internal/external stakeholders.
- Evaluate and recommend tools and services to enhance the operating environment of the infrastructure and end-user computing needs.
- Develop, document, implement and communicate policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure systems effectiveness, accuracy, auditability, and compliance.
- Proactively support users through training, communication and focus on outstanding customer service.
- 5+ years of Corporate IT experience, with at least 2 years in systems and/or infrastructure role.
- Mac/Apple Systems support experience.
- Windows Server Administration (version 2008 – 2016): 5+ years (Required).
- Microsoft SQL Server: 2+ years (Required).
- Maintenance and support of Office 365: 2+ years (Required).
- VMware: 2+ years (Required).
- Hand-so Cisco configuration and support: 2+ years – Highly Desired.
- Use of security auditing tools such as NMAP, Nessus, etc. – Highly Desired.
- Logistics or Supply Chain background – Highly Desired.
- Advanced administrative knowledge of Windows Server (2012R2 and 2016), Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS) and desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10).
- Experience managing more than 50 Servers infrastructure.
- Managing server virtualization technologies – VMware.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking, LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (Wi-Fi, VLANs, IP Subnetting, VPNs, etc. – Cisco / Meraki).
- Excellent Active Directory/LDAP user and group (GPO) administration.
- Ability to work well with teams and independently.
- Extremely customer service oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to have regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, and empathetic when communicating with non-designers.