Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Entrance System/Doors System Engineer
Location: Sacramento, CA, 95828
Term: 11 months
- Develop technical specifications for entrance system (exterior entrance plug doors, interior vestibule doors, end car pocket doors, wheelchair lift, trap doors and automatic bridge plates)
- Develop Contract Deliverables and Design Review documentation
- Support development of entrance system for heavy rail vehicles
- Support procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles in all aspects related to entrance system for heavy rail vehicles
- Support OEM integration, type testing, first article inspections and final acceptance product
- Present design review documentation to customers in the design review meetings
- Work with the international center of competency to ensure that the scope of work and technical solutions are in accordance with Siemens internal rules and regulations
- Prepare technical proposals for future proposal work
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-5 years of experience in doors system design and validation
- Strong communication and presentation skills, able to clearly and concisely express technical information of the entrance system
- OEM experience preferred
- Strong technical writing skills
- Presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- MS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required
- Rolling Stock Engineering experience preferred
- Systems Engineering/ Project Engineering experience