Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: System Engineer
Location: Richmond, VA 23219
Term: 5 months
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas: Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, SonicWall, OpenVPN, IPSec).
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies.
- Operating System Configuration/Administration (Windows/Linux), administration/configuration of monitoring tools (SCCM/SCOM/ETC), ETL Application Support.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Independently perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Work with a team of System Engineers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both speaking and in writing.
- Perform installations of software (including server upgrades and patching)
- Monitor servers to maintain/ensure system uptime and availability.
- Troubleshoot application/database performance issues related to connectivity, access, security and etc.
- Review & refine existing processes to better align with agency/group priorities.
- Review the existing procedures and propose, execute, and/or direct necessary changes.
- Participate in on-call duties as necessary.
- Performing an analysis of the effectiveness of the existing system and clearly communicate reasoned justification for continuance and update, or alternative approaches.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 4+ years Aashtoware products in depth knowledge and experience.
- 5+ years of Microsoft Azure & AWS Administration and Cloud technology in depth knowledge and experience.
- 4+ years of in-depth experience with firewall rules, ports, VLans.
- 8+ years of Windows Server 2008 - Windows Server 2019 in depth knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems with strong technical experience or other applicable and/or equivalent skills, knowledge and/or work history.
- Over 5 years of experience IT maintains/supporting a range of IT functions.
- Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
- Experience and skills in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies such as ITIL. Knowledge of and experience with a broad range of application servers, web servers, messaging servers, database servers, and related technologies.
- Must be able to analyze business requirements and define solutions to address complex business needs. Experience in web infrastructure design and operations including IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, load balancing, clustering, failover, monitoring, diagnostics, performance tuning, etc.
- Possess high aptitude for problem-solving and trouble-shooting.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!