Leading Global Innovator Seeks Contractor for the Following
Position: System Engineer
Location: Newark, Delaware, 19702
Term: 12 months
- Work cooperatively in a timeline-focused, matrixed, team environment across different locations to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Provides technical product support and guidance to proactively maintain product performance or resolve customer complaints for hardware and software issues.
- Diagnose and Investigate customer reported problems, applies standard troubleshooting tools and concepts to identify the real issue and its root cause.
- Record accurate and timely documentation of customer complaints and the action taken to resolve the concern.
- Participate in software testing. Understand testing methodologies. Create and executes test cases.
- Create verification plan and reports.
- Perform product maintenance and configuration duties. Execute software and hardware upgrades as needed.
- Conduct acceptance and integration testing of new software releases. Evaluate potential risks and develop test protocols to identify those risks.
- Support validation and integration of new components and tools.
- Support creation of documents like product and technical manuals.
- Performs and documents Risk Assessments.
- Process design change for automation systems with connected modules and analytical instrument systems.
- Follow a project from conceptual design through final stages.
- Work with other engineers to develop and implement new products or changes in existing products.
- Maintains comprehensive records of all designs, drawings, and project related email using Outlook and network/hard drive folders.
- Familiar with Technical Product Support and Engineering Change Control activities.
- Develops recommendations and implement solutions that reflect customer and business needs.
- Close cooperation with colleagues in other departments for efficient achievement of shared targets.
- May provide general guidance to support team and/or train lower level support staff.
- Travel to different locations.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of system level design change through successful completion of assignments.
- 5+ years of experience in design change in the following areas: complex mechanical, electrical and software systems, Bill of Material Management, and design change organization.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Software Engineering.
- Strong problem-solving skills leveraging known methodologies such as fault tree, fishbone, 5 why and others.
- Ability to employ analytical skills in projects such as statistical data interpretation, computer simulations and complex calculations.
- Capable of communicating effectively with various target audiences delivering content ranging from executive summaries to detailed technical explanations. Ability to graphically represent large data in simplified form.
- Degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Ability to oversee and control several projects at a time.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Good English language in speaking and writing for negotiating and for approaching shared targets.
- Proven ability to work as a member of an international and multi-located team.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!