We are looking for a System and Integration Test Engineer to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity!
Position: System and Integration Test Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Term: 12 months
- Responsible for creating and leading master test plans, test cases, and test schedules for the projects.
- Primary responsibilities include the execution of test cases and scenarios across individual development projects within the System Test environment.
- Ensures established methodologies and standards are used in product testing.
- Responsibility for providing mentoring support to the project team throughout the Development Lifecycle. This mentoring begins in the requirements development phase to ensure all requirements are both testable and verifiable, and continues through system test.
- Responsible for conducting Integration test and to support the implementation methodologies of new documented, standardized, repeatable testing processes.
- Develop/create master test plans and related documents, test cases, and test schedules.
- Execute test cases/scenarios across development projects. Test types to include functionality, user interface, regression, security, and user acceptance.
- Document test scripts and test plans tied back to requirements.
- Identify and track defects, issues, risks, and action items.
- Validate requirements for system testing, report preparation, defect recording, and defect tracking.
- Create defect reports for problems discovered during system test.
- Perform regression testing to validate the resolution of any software or system defects.
- Provide input for program schedules and is responsible for creation and development of Used Cases.
- Development of test plan, test cases, and project schedules.
- Execution of test cases/scenarios across numerous project platforms in the Integration test environment.
- Responsible for test types which include: functionality, user interface, regression, connectivity, performance, load, stress, user acceptance, failover/recovery, and supportability.
- Develop and update integration test plans and procedures.
- Validating requirements for integration testing.
- Report preparation, defect recording, and tracking.
- Identify, record, report, and track defects
Is this a fit:
- 6 + years of experience in Information Technology with expertise in Software Quality Assurance & Software Test Automation in Web and Client/Server Applications.
- Must have a strong background in test automation framework, Web Application front-end, and back-end scripting.
- Should have previous experience on Agile teams especially in BDD (Business Data Driven) Framework will be well suited for this position.
- Must be a team player and work closely with other automation testers at offshore to build/support Automation Framework.
- Should have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming languages (Java) to learn and understand the existing Selenium automation framework to automate Web applications.
- Should have experience in automation result analysis and generate automation result reports.
- Should be able to improve and work within a highly advanced test automation system that supports multiple daily builds on several distinct projects.
- Should have experience in creating a pipeline in Jenkins to schedule the test execution.
- Should have the ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly.
- Some knowledge of Angular JS, .NET and HTML5
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business / technical problems and select, design, and implement appropriate software testing solutions for API and interface testing
- Demonstrated ability to accept personal accountability and ownership for areas of responsibility, pursue solutions, and make decisions
- Dedicated to quality software deliverables, proactively responsive to client needs
- Demonstrated skill applying quality standards to commercial in-house software development
- Requires sound working knowledge in GUI development and object-oriented methodologies
- Strong preference for demonstrated knowledge and experience with SoapUI
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with HP’s ALM (Quality Center) test management tool.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Systems with one to five years of experience in an IT testing environment and/or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training that enables the candidate to meet the entry requirements.
- Airline domain testing experience is a plus
- The ideal candidate will possess the above plus previous airline experience.
If this sounds like you, please apply to MATRIX today!