Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: System Analyst
Location: Lansing, MI 48933
Term: 12 months
- Participate in project review meetings and project workgroups.
- Provide professional technical expertise to the DTMB IS PMO Managers and client agency managers and supervisors in IT project planning, scheduling, and execution.
- Create, update, and maintain systems and IT programs documentation, including system specs and flow diagrams.
- Develop software code based on specified design.
- Design solutions for a specific application need.
- Code to Standards.
- Work with the business client to create test scenarios.
- Design and develop plans, applications, or subsystems.
- Provide defect tracking log entry information.
- Test the database and associated design to ensure compliance with the business rules which govern the database.
- Implements IT solutions.
- Maintain and upgrade system as a result of tool upgrades.
- Document identified problems and analyze to determine root cause and provide root cause analysis.
- Produces Local Change Board documents.
- Follow change management procedures and provide input to execute change management.
- Work with vendors who provide IT solutions.
- Represents DTMB as a technical resource at meetings.
- Preform assigned tasks for internal/external security and standards review and development.
- Identify potential impacts of changes.
- Research, test and recommend new development tools, languages, upgrades and equipment as directed by senior team members.
- Conduct interviews with users to determine application design requirements.
- Review rules and department policies to determine application design requirements.
- Develop Manuals and conduct training for users in the operation of the application.
- Evaluate requests for modifications and enhancements for impact on existing applications.
- Facilitate meetings with clients to determine the requirements, scope of the project, review and finalize all documents. Offer suggestions on automating any processes as much as possible.
- Document the projects using the SUITE standard methodologies.
- Develop the technical design documentation either, with a team or independently, facilitate review with team members, then finalize with the clients approval.
- Follow all version control standards.
- Write customer procedures, as needed.
- Train customers on the functional use of application.
- Research and evaluate software and new technology-based processes for possible implementation.
- Test and evaluate software.
- Formulate findings in written and verbal form for presentation to supervisor staff and/or clients.
- Write instructions for loading, maintaining, and/or using software.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2+ years of experience working directly with business clients, determining their needs with consistent follow-up, maintaining a positive relationship.
- 3+ years of experience with IT Application support, Windows/Network server.
- 3+ years of experience writing documentation for both business use and internal use.
- Excellent Communication skills and experience with managing accounts and the associated efforts with those accounts.
Even better if you have:
- 2+ years of Technical experience with SQL, Windows IIS (or Apache/Tomcat), Firewall, Ports / Protocols, Network diagrams (Reading/Designing).
- 2+ years of experience with project management protocols, including terminology, creating project plans, working on timed tasks on a team and coordination.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!