- Function: Human Resources
- Job Ref: 214585
The Supply Planner is responsible for translating demand plans into supply plans through the creation and management of Purchase Orders including issuing and tracking Purchase Orders. The Supply Planner is also responsible for ensuring appropriate Distribution Center (DC) in-stock and service levels while ensuring productive inventory turns at the most optimal cost to the business. Responsible for collaborating with Suppliers, Freight Companies, and Distribution Centers to ensure a seamless flow of inventory from Supplier to Distribution Centers.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Purchase order review and execution. Ensures purchasing decisions achieve lowest overall cost-to-deliver for the supply chain. Appropriately orders to forecasted demand to assure supply is available for filling customer orders.
• Monitors and plans inventory levels. Ensures optimal inventory levels to meet metrics including customer fill rate, inventory turns, premium freight and order change rates.
• Identify and resolve out of stock issues, focusing on minimizing shortage occurrences through analysis of data and review of safety stock levels.
• Manage Supplier performance to improve overall supply chain performance and resolve chronic issues such as Lead Time, Fill Rate, Data Quality, Cost Accuracy, etc. to ensure a best-in class supply chain.
• Collaborate with key partners internal and external including to obtain consistent forecast inputs and successful execution of promotions and new item launches
• Coordinates and collaborates with supply chain partners to strategize inventory fulfillment in support of marketing initiatives.
• Collaborate with distribution centers to optimize costs by smoothing the inbound receipts across the week/month and not exceed capacity.
• Confirm sufficient inventory supply with Suppliers and track Purchase Orders from Supplier to receipt at DC.
• Resolves product and transportation issues
• Collaborate with Suppliers and Distribution Centers to optimize the flow of inventory from raw materials to receipt at the DC
• Gathers, reviews, and disseminates new product information and product changes to internal departments to ensure accurate product information. Manages item transitions and plans for proper levels of inventory to ensure a smooth transition
• Accurately maintains product master data, pricing, and vendor information in the replenishment system.
• Analyze and interpret multiple sources of data and reports to determine the best course of action or identify new opportunities to meet customer specific requirements. Create ad hoc reporting when needed.
• Work on projects assigned to support existing customers, new business development, or process improvement.
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, Statistics, Mathematics or related field and 1 year of experience in Supply Chain Planning, Inventory Management, Purchasing, or Analytics; OR High School Diploma and 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain Planning, Inventory Management, Purchasing, or Analytics Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
• Strong collaboration and relationship building through cross functional alignment and delivery of initiatives
• This position requires interaction with internal/external customers. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management, peers, and clients, as necessary.
• Critical thinking skills required to analyze data with ability to define root cause, and corrective action
• Demonstrated communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of tools such as excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Excellent task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills required.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.