MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling a critical position in their corporate office near O'Hare Airport. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company that fosters career growth and has incredible benefits.
This local position is a great opportunity to get in with an exceptional company! Are you an inventory analyst / guru who has a love for supply chain? Do you get excited thinking about inventory planning and collaborating with remote distribution centers? If the answers are yes, this job is yours!
The materials management team is responsible for reviewing inventory reports to aid in replenishing materials in facilities, ensures effective logistics, and monitors supplier performance. This team is in charge of the planning, directing, controlling and co-ordination of all activities concerned with material and inventory requirements, from the point of their inception through delivery.
The Materials Management Analyst will be primarily responsible for replenishment of their designated markets and maintenance of appropriate stock levels to support organizational service levels and inventory plans. The analyst will manage all replenishment activities associated with the assortment/facilities and will report to the materials management supervisor.
The position will drive optimal inventory levels by utilizing metrics, forecasted demand and ERP and/or replenishment systems.
- Placement and management of purchase orders
- Understand and maintain the required reorder points, safety stock and projected inventory
- Analyze sales and stock levels to ensure replenishment supports sales trends
- Analyze seasonality of product
- Follow up on aged purchase orders and back ordered materials
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or related field preferred
- At least two years of inventory replenishment experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in purchasing and inventory management practices
- Critical thinking skills required to analyze data with ability to define root cause, and define corrective action
- Strong sense of urgency and customer service
- The ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms with various levels of management.
- Ability to work in a team environment.