Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Scrum Master
Location: Des Moines, IA
Term: 12 months
- Facilitates the scrum process with cross-functional impacts that involve moderately complex project, or operations work of the Enterprise Master & Reference Data team.
- Guides the scrum team(s) to follow Agile/Scrum practices to promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the SDLC, business process mapping, and release processes to ensure risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partners with managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Partners with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog.
- Facilitates and is accountable for owning the Scrum and/or Scaled Agile ceremonies for the scrum team(s).
- Partners with Product Owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team(s) and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Responsible for providing principal level strategic consulting services to client organizations utilizing comprehensive, in-depth knowledge and expertise regarding client business strategy (enterprise-wide) and emerging trends in the Industry.
- Partners with executive management across the enterprise to define the business strategy and create/execute corresponding business plans and initiatives.
- Has responsibility for the identification of strategic business, investment and alliance opportunities; evaluation and approval process of identified opportunities; identification and implementation of technology requirements (systems, architecture and infrastructure) as well as coordination of technical resources; and communication of strategy and related business plans to management.
- Directs internal as well as Industry strategic planning activities and represents the client on Industry boards and committees.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis
- 4+ years of experience as a practicing Scrum Master
- 4+ years of practical Agile experience (e.g. Product Owner, Business Analyst, Developer on a scrum team, Project Manager, or Business System Consultant working directly with scrum teams)
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance program development and implementation in a large organization across multiple business functions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Previous Data Management experience
- Strong ability to influence and create change
- Thorough knowledge of client's current organizational structure
- Knowledge and experience of client's Agile transformation initiative
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring other scrum masters
- SQL / Oracle