Strategic Sourcing Manager
San Francisco, CA (100% Remote)
We are looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our Global Source to Pay organization. Our team helps maximize value from vendor relationships and ensures our internal business partners across various business units and functions have the products, tools, and services they need to succeed. This person will be an integral part of the evolution of our Strategic Sourcing and Third-Party Risk Management team.
What You'll Be Doing (Job Duties):
- Conduct detailed market and vendor research and is able to communicate these findings through meaningful research summaries.
- Specific project tasks may include market research & analysis, data collection/management, cost modeling, RFx strategy development, RFx creation and management, supplier communications, negotiations, contracting, and supplier performance management.
- Manage to capture product and service specifications from business owners for RFx activities and vendor business reviews.
- Spearhead the development of award scenarios and recommendations for stakeholder evaluation, consideration and decision making.
- Run the execution of spend management projects that accomplish key objectives. Those objectives may include savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation & management, risk reduction & management, improved visibility & control of expenditures.
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations, perform supply market research and conduct pricing audits and impact analysis for the pursuit of continuous cost improvements.
Third Party Risk Management:
- Collaborate with and support the Third-party Risk Management team in initial review and ongoing monitoring of vendor risk.
- Support TPRM team in managing internal and external expectations during vendor risk assessments.
- Act as the external facing representative for vendor communications during risk assessments.
- Proactively engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure risks associated with working with vendors are identified and escalated to the TPRM team.
- Work with vendors to remediate risks identified.
- Collaborate as needed with each and every person in the organization in a personable, approachable manner.
- Support internal customers by facilitating accurate and favorable transactions, and ongoing supplier management and accountability
- Collaborate to build best spend management practices and technology trends
- Effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to Business Partners and leadership as appropriate and proactively enlist their support.
- Communicate with Business Partners, coworkers and management in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of ‘Customer Focus’ attitude.
What We Look for In You (Job Requirements):
- BA/BS preferably with an analytical focus (Business, Economics, Accounting or Engineering).
- Minimum of 810 years relevant experience.
- Excellent quantitative skills with the ability to dissect problems.
- Demonstrated data guided approach to solving problems.
- Demonstrated skills in rigorous, fact based analyses that drive creative problem solving, proposal preparation, and negotiation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in negotiating enterprise software agreements and drafting outsourced services. contracts Experience in the nuances of purchasing software, licensing models and associated agreements.
- Experience analyzing data and making recommendations on sourcing opportunities.