Terrific Contract to Hire Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Excellent opportunity for a Strategic Program Manager with a leader in the hospitality industry that leverages cutting edge technology to welcome every guest, every partner, everywhere their journey takes them.
Term: 12 months, contract to hire
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Salary: $60+/hourly (DOE)
The Strategic Program Manager 3 position within the Portfolio Planning group of the Technology Program Management Office (PMO) will be responsible for utilizing program management disciplines to manage the organizations project request intake process from request submission to approval of project for inclusion in the portfolio roadmap. The Strategic Program Manager 3 will provide coaching to ensure that the proper steps are followed throughout the intake process, will facilitate monthly request prioritization meetings, will ensure proper parties are represented during the process, will coordinate with business SMEs, Technology and Portfolio Planning to assist with collection of Endorsement and Funding level estimates, will assist in the preparation of new request financial business cases and assist in the preparation of materials for presentation to the organization’s executive Technology Council for eventual project approval.
Intake Process Facilitation:
Facilitate the Intake process from request submission through eventual request approval for inclusion in the portfolio roadmap. Use influence and negotiation skills to drive requests through the overall process, clear roadblocks, and resolve conflicts.
Duties include but are not limited to: Maintaining the request backlog; facilitating request prioritization meetings; conducting regular stand-ups with Business and Technology SMEs, Product Managers, and Enterprise Architects to review backlog; identify requests to enter estimation pipeline; facilitate Endorsement and Funding level estimation sessions; coordinate with Portfolio Planning to align new project requests with existing portfolio roadmap; assist in the preparation of financial Business Cases / Cost Benefit Analysis for requests including proving labor costs for computing ROI; assist in preparation of new project presentation material for executive Technology Council review and possible approval
Intake Process Coaching:
Utilizing strong coaching, mentoring, and training skills along with strong inter-personal skills, act as a mentor and coach to individuals across the organization regarding the application of Intake and Estimation process.
Process Reporting and Metrics:
Responsible for process reporting and communications, ensuring both Business and Technology stakeholders are properly informed through specific channels providing consistent standards and visibility with reporting tools and dashboards. Develop relationships at all levels of the organization, acting as a trusted partner. Duties include but are not limited to: Periodic updates & reporting on intake backlog and project request status; provide input to Technology Council meetings; identify and provide meaningful metrics regarding intake process effectiveness.
Process Monitoring and Improvement:
Responsible for continuously monitoring the Intake and Estimation process, identifying potential areas of inefficiencies, formulating potential solutions to those inefficiencies, presenting those ideas to Senior Leadership to obtain buy-in and implementing those solutions as appropriate.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) or equivalent from a four-year college or university;
- Minimum 8 years related experience and/or training working within IT or PMO environment, managing programs, projects or PMO; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth understanding of project, program, portfolio, and PMO management best practices.
- In depth understanding of Agile Methodologies including but not limited to Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- In depth understanding of estimating techniques across multiple methodologies.
- In depth understand of Business Case / Cost-Benefit-Analysis preparation.
- Excellent, demonstrated leadership skills in traditional and Agile software development environments.
- Excellent, demonstrated relationship management skills.
- Excellent, demonstrated project and program management skills in service/product-based industry.
- Excellent financial acumen with IT project and/or program budgets.
- Excellent process improvement and change agent experience in leadership capacity.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to include reasoning skills such as storage, retrieval, matching and execution skills.
- Demonstrated people leader skills in project, program, or PMO work environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Visio. Excel, Teams and SharePoint.
- Ability to make measurable progress on multiple high priority tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to coach and provide leadership guidance to others.
- Ability to drive results in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with customers, peers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to lead process/procedural enhancements to successful completion.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex problems with multiple complex variables.
- Ability to interface effectively with stakeholders at all levels across the organization.
- Ability to model companies Values & Performance Principles of accountability, collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
- Advanced degree: MPM, MBA, or MIS
- Advanced Program Management certifications (PgPM)
- Process Improvement certifications: Six Sigma, ITIL, Lean
- Certification with Scrum Alliance, CSM