Terrific PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the world's leading financial institutions in the world, our client is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Role: Strategic Initiatives Manager, Payments Director
Location: Charlotte, NC or Tempe, AZ
Salary: $175,000 - $200,000 (DOE)
Reporting to the head of Payment Operations, the Strategic Initiative Manager will provide a single point of leadership to drive the end to end view of Payments performance with the preliminary focus on wires. They will evaluate and recommend metrics and data to provide transparency to process performance and leverage that data to lead conversations with a cross functional team to determine root cause and improvements that maximize impact. Additionally, the individual will support translating the business strategy into capacity models and business cases to evaluate and drive a sustainable operations service model to improve efficiency and service, and to support the long term needs of the Payments organization.
- Leverage the value proposition for the different lines of business within the organization and transform this value proposition into a business service model strategy. Translate this strategy into operational service models to improve the delivery capabilities of Payment Operations. Incorporate business trends, business drivers, and operational opportunities for business process reengineering, organizational realignment and cost reductions as appropriate.
- Ensure that the service model design supports long term needs and strategy of the different lines of business in the organization. Leverage operational efficiencies to improve customer experience and sustain business growth and revenue initiatives.
- Create value through process simplification and service improvement. Interact with senior executives from all Lines of Business who leverage Payments, Operations and Technology of the Americas, and key support partners (e.g., Finance, Risk, etc.) with the goal of improved operational service model strategies. Approach strategic decisions with a collaborative approach and with a particular emphasis on innovation, communication, and incorporation of current and future needs of the business.
- Define programs that can be implemented in the short run and over the long term to accomplish these objectives. Execute both strategic and tactical efforts related to the development of new strategies. Execute responsibilities in the best interest of customers and shareholders. Organize and lead matrixed teams as appropriate. Work with vendors and consultants as applicable.
- Actively ensure compliance with the Bank's Business Standards of Conduct and all Patriot Act, CIP, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, and other regulatory and compliance policies and procedures. Actively participate in any required corporate and business line Compliance Training.
- While the immediate role is an individual contributor, the role could include management of a small team in the future. Management responsibilities would include, establishing and monitoring staff performance objectives; evaluating performance and recommending salary increases; ensuring employee training and development; acting as mentor, coach and counsel; recruiting/hiring.
- Typically requires an MBA degree or equivalent work experience
- Requires 15+ years of experience with a strong background in Payments.
- Preliminary focus on wires with the opportunity to expand to ACH, Check and Cash banking product development and delivery.
- Requires Black Belt or Master Black Belt Six Sigma Certification
- Must be capable of handling multiple complex problems and business line initiatives.
- Requires the ability to lead and influence beyond reporting lines.
- Extremely effective at collaboration and influencing resources outside of immediate organization.
- Must excel at managing a matrixed cross-functional team, aligning goals and creating accountability.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the perspective and analytical acumen to create innovative solutions to tough problems and the motivation and drive to meet continual new challenges.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts