Atlanta based company searching for a permanent Sr. Windows System Engineer to join the team.
Our client owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The Senior Windows System Engineer will have at least ten years of experience supporting Windows Server products, Virtualization, storage, and VDI environments. You will provision, configure, operate/maintain physical/virtual servers and support compute/storage environments in on prem and in cloud settings. You will regularly take lead in solving complex problems, works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Expert server administration supporting enterprise software applications.
- Expert Exchange, M365 and Azure AD, VMWare
- Expert Microsoft Active Directory skills, including upkeep and domain consolidation.
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP and network connectivity concepts.
- Expert knowledge and experience of various services i.e DNS, DHCP, FTP, NTP, Kerberos, , SFTP, LDAP, among others.
- Expert knowledge of various enterprise server hardware [blades, rackmount, standalone], and storage technologies.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Clustering, Virtualization, NAS, NFS and SAN.
- Takes leadership role in managing major incidents and problems through root cause analysis and effective communication among teams.
- Expert ability to build out server environments, physical, virtual and in the cloud from the ground up.
- Experience in moving on prem workloads into cloud environments.
- Develop guidelines for systems monitoring to ensure maximum availability, uptime, and performance. Participate in proactive capacity planning to support changing business requirements.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve system performance issues and outages. Participate in cross-functional technical teams in the identification and resolution of complex technical issues.
- Advanced PowerShell script development and the adoption of tools (like Ansible, Chef and Puppet) to automate repeatable systems management and auditing activities.
- Work with security team to maintain secure and hardened systems.
- Acts as technical lead on assigned projects. Takes responsibility for completion of assigned project on time and at budget.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging relevant compute and storage technologies. Provide management with input on evolving technology trends and solutions.
- Available for off hours on-call rotation, may work irregular work schedules as needed and provide off-hours operational support.
- Participate in creating standard processes for systems installation, configuration, patching, and upgrading.
- Adhering to all SOX requirements, and provide reporting and audits as required.
- Ensure documentation standards are adhered to.
- Develop Disaster Recovery procedures and take a lead the testing and recovery process.
- Perform other duties and assist other staff as necessary or as directed by management. Operate under irregular work schedules as needed and provide off-hours operational support.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
- Monitors relevant systems for availability and performance. Performs periodic metrics reporting to show continuous performance.
- Actively participates in professional development activities
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards
Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of relative windows server and technical work experience, including 8 Years VMWare experience and/or AWS/Azure/Cloud computing experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel, expected 20% or less
- Citrix is a nice to have
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume to begin a conversation about this opportunity!