Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr Visual Interface Designer to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr Visual Interface Designer
Location: Position will be work from home.
Term: 6 Months contract to possible hire
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors degree and 7 years experience with designing Web-based interfaces and applications, or if no degree, 9 years experience with designing Web-based interfaces and applications.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and other digital design software
- Expert knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Bachelors degree in Web visual design, graphic design, communication arts, or fine arts.
Responsible for creating and managing interactive design elements, page level layout, task fulfillment and consistent visual treatment of websites, email campaigns and web applications. Ensure that the application of visual assets and realization of information design efforts support the users needs and align with the design and brand strategy. Participate in concept development of design solutions and provide direct input into how the framework and visual hierarchy will enhance the user experience and meet the business objectives. Provide leadership in establishing design strategy and standards, application level consistency and design support throughout the life-cycle of a project.
- Experience in an Agile team environment is preferred
- Create innovative designs for web sites, email campaigns, web applications and other digital platforms across the enterprise.
- Design several projects at one time - while working closely with team members on the creation, design and implementation of other approved projects.
- Produces multiple design concepts that engage with users and fulfill project goals and requirements.
- Defines the design strategy and approach for projects while producing interaction and interface requirements
- Develops design prototypes, story boards and interface specifications.
- Collaborates and shares expertise with our creative studio, user experience designers, content strategists, developers and other team members.
- Creates and maintains visual guidelines, CSS standards, design pattern library components and design language for the Web that ensures consistency with client brand guidelines.
- Works with user researchers and usability analysts to design and observe field studies and formal usability studies; assists in the review and analysis of test results.
- Works with information designers and developers to integrate visual and interaction design artifacts into functional prototypes or production ready pages.