Duration: Direct Hire/Permanent
Location: Scottsdale, AZ (must be willing to work onsite in a hybrid setting in February 2022).
Key Skills: UX Design, High Fidelity Prototypes, A/B and Multivariant Testing, Current Portfolio of work.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior UX Designer shapes the vision of the Company's digital applications (Web, POS, etc.) that solve user issues and address business goals with the focus on simplicity, ease of use and overall user experience. Envisions, prototypes and validates new product ideas using Lean Startup and Design Thinking principles. Requires a thorough understanding of how visual and interactive design work together to create a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, and implementation of experiences and features, across multiple phases of a digital customer experience.
- Works closely with and across teams of developers, product managers, strategists and fellow creatives to deliver exceptional solutions to UX design problems.
- Produces high quality user experience designs through hybrid wireframe and visual designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, sitemaps, and prototypes.
- Partners with internal brand design teams on the creation of new storytelling experiences.
- Collaborates with team members on user research, customer testing, and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterates on design prototypes and working applications.
- Actively partners with business partners in Brand and Marketing to create consumer and brand-defining experiences that support customer experience and brand differentiation goals.
- Works cross-functionally with Content Strategy, SEO, Brand Awareness, Analytics, Experience Optimization, Product Marketing and Development teams to enhance existing and bring new digital commerce experience to the market.
- Helps to define, evolve, disseminate, and audit Discount Tire digital design standards and best practices to other teams and throughout the organization.
- Leads presentations for new or existing work to stakeholders, including management and executive staff.
- Heuristically assesses digital experiences.
- Audits Competitive landscape and benchmarking studies.
- Articulates project objectives and creative deliverables.
- Plans and conducts stakeholder interviews.
- Plans and conducts customer research - studies, interviews, panels, surveys, etc.
- Evaluates and guides ongoing UX design sprints.
- Creates use case scenarios and user/product journey maps and flows.
- Validates feature sets and functionality against business and user needs.
- Interprets analytics to identify user behavior with the goal to make recommendations for improved user experience.
- Partners with product owners on product vision, strategy and definition
- Drives an innovation agenda; pushes to move at the speed of the consumer, meeting our customer where they are and where they are headed by defining distinctive client experiences on new and emerging digital platforms.
- Prioritizes the customer's needs and interests at all times and drives the same orientation throughout the team.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on user experience and design thinking for constructing the approach to and interpreting the results of A/B and multivariate test scenarios.
- Defines, operationalizes and leads the best practice process adoption for including regular customer research, competitive analysis, testing, and adaptive design into the work of the UX team.
- Conducts usability and prototype studies through the use of multi-variant testing to inform design decisions.
- Partners corporate and regional stakeholders in order to develop prototypes and strategies to reach targeted audiences.
- Develops strategies to increase engagement and interaction.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to application development processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires 5+ years of experience creating user-centered designs for ecommerce and retail products.
- A portfolio of work showcasing how content, design and interface work together to create a great user experience is required.
- Experience with web-based usability testing tools is necessary.
- An extensive background leading collaboration sessions with various types of experts and those with differing levels of experience with UX working methodologies is required.
- Must be an outstanding team player with a positive attitude, must work well in collaboration environments and professionally and productively give and receive feedback.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability are essential. Experience with content management systems is preferred.
- Must have a passion for identifying customer needs and mapping experience solutions to technological evolutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations to senior leadership are required.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, desire for process excellence, and intrinsic passion for success and high quality delivery are necessary.
- Logical reasoning, troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills are required.
- Expert knowledge of design tools and best practices is required. Proven experience conducting qualitative user research and usability testing is necessary.
- Proven organizational, strategic problem-solving and decision-making skills in the field of design are vital.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is necessary.
- Ability to extract ideas from key stakeholders, listen to new ideas and move the team along toward business objectives is vital.
- A Can-Do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect, and upholding Company values are key.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in web design, HCI, IT, digital culture or a related field, or equivalent experience.