Title: Sr. Technical Project Manager
Location: San Francisco or New York
The Technical Project Manager will lead technology infrastructure, security, as well as application deployment and development efforts. He/she will manage key initiatives within IT Infrastructure initiatives for the Bank. The individual must be extremely adaptable, independent contributor, and provide overall quality control to the project. Experience in leading technology solutions is required with a firm understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies. The role collaborates to clearly define and manage scope & requirements and adheres to company PMO standards. The role requires exceptional communication skills and technical expertise and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. The position may lead/and or direct the work of others when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a technical project manager for infrastructure initiatives.
- Defines, leads, and manages specific aspects of the project, scope, scheduling, resources, and quality control of work products following company’s PMO & IS standards.
- Develops and implements templates and standards for project deliverables and work products across platforms such as Jira, Confluence and Sharepoint
- Documents meeting minutes and decisions and tracks and manages project risks and issues.
- Creates and presents status reports on project progress and issues.
- Facilitates impact analyses of current/existing technologies on the program.
- May contribute and/or lead vendor relationship management for project-related vendors; supports enterprise vendor management standards and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
- Supports management in data gathering for regulatory and third-party reviews.
- Complies with the Bank’s policies and enterprise project management standards.
- Monitors project and/or program execution and escalates project issues as necessary.
- Maintains project and/or program website and database, and issue and risk tracking logs.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule
- Perform other duties when assigned
- Must have a specialized degree in either Information Technology / Computer Sciences or an Engineering field.
- PMP certification desirable
- CISSP certification desirable
- 10+ years of combined project management and technical experience.
- Formal training in project or program management
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex IT or infrastructure related projects within budget and on time
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to communicate concisely and briefly
- Previous experience in:
- Information technology and information systems
- IT security and infrastructure projects
- Advanced in Jira, Confluence and Sharepoint
- Advanced in MS Office, MS Visio, and MS Project
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise and with external vendors if needed
- Ability to work independently and with minimum direction and to provide clear deliverables and status
- Ability to multi-task multiple priorities
- Strong understanding of Agile and Waterfall
- Preferred Technical working knowledge with the following products:
- AWS Cloud
- RHEL Linux
- Middleware Technologies: Appian Flightpath, Google Apigee
- MS Windows / SQL Server
- File Transfer Technologies: Seeburger
- Dev tool stack (GitHub/Jenkins)
- General Networking