The Tech Lead will be responsible for executing to both the roadmap and backlog for the product and enhancing the digital experience.
The TL must have a strong and continuously evolving technical mastery of RESTful API development focused on Python and Node.js. This includes actively participating in design sessions and code reviews as well as being capable of contributing to the coding velocity of the developer pool (as needed).
Additionally, the TL will provide a technical point of view on how to grow and improve APIs that form the building blocks of all our digital products and work side-by-side with the Product Managers.
- Builds and drives teams, enterprise partners and vendors in delivering innovative digital products through the creation of re-usable RESTful APIs.
- Ensures efficient execution of overall product delivery by prioritizing, planning and tracking sprint progress. This can include development of shippable code.
- Actively engages in product and business discussions with a technical eye for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
- Models an environment of strong collaboration and partnership with engineers, domain architects, product leaders, stakeholders and partners to drive execution of roadmap, negotiate changes in priorities and manage communication of impacts.
- Manages and directs 4 to 6 software developers. Evaluates employee performance; sets expectations and goals for individual staff members; and recruits, disciplines and trains staff.
- Oversee multiple technical Scrum teams and provide input at an architectural level.
- Expert in either Python (Django / Flask) or Node.js with experience with both.
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, event drive architectures, and background task management.
- Proficiency in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- 5-7 years of experience in product development as senior engineer, technical lead or product architect.
- 2-3 years of experience with hybrid resource environments that can include changing mixes of in-house, contractor- and/or partner-provided resources.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Proven track record of executing on the full product lifecycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.