Sr. Tableau Report Development Consultant
100% Remote (US Based)
Sr. Tableau Report Development consultant will be responsible for creating Tableau interactive reports, visualizations, dashboards to provide clear visibility and highlighting financial performance for leadership. Duties include but are not limited to: 1) working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to define data processes supporting visualization requirements; 2) developing interactive visualizations leveraging Tableau, and 3) providing expert technical assistance to stakeholders with the continued visualization development and maintenance of dashboards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build of dashboards in Tableau Desktop (using Tableau 2020.2 or higher).
- Design of different visualization types including Cross Tabs, Heat Maps, Tree Maps, Bar Charts, Pie Charts, Doughnut Charts, Line Charts, Scatterplots, Sparklines, Box and Whisker plots and Maps.
- Use of Parameters, Calculated Fields, Groups, Sets and Hierarchies.
- Incorporation of Parameters and selections into dynamic Titles/Labels/Tooltips.
- Creation of Level of Detail (LOD) expressions.
- Creation of Action Filters and Quick Filters.
- Data blending of multiple data sources by use of Relationships and Joins.
- Handling of large data sources within Tableau.
- Ability to work either from a pre-defined specification or as part of a dynamic, collaborative design approach.
- Hands on Tableau experience building complex visualizations.
- Business and data analysis experience in the implementation of data related solutions.
- Financial services industry experience in the domain of deposits, loans,
- Excellent SQL skills to analyze, profile data and build report prototypes.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas as simple, easy to understand concepts; ability to present. effectively to both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to clearly define projects, objectives, goals, schedules and assignments.
- Ability to work on ad hoc requests like point analytics or reports to support existing data team.
- Tableau Certification required.