Great remote opportunity for a Systems Programmer to maintain the performance of all z/OS,z/VSE, and z/VM mainframe systems software. This is a permanent opportunity and working hours rotate from 8a-5pm to 3 pm - 12 am (subject to change based on volume).
- Install, configure, and maintain all 3rd party z/OS, z/VSE and z/VM software products
- Identify and ensure documentation of major systems support processes
- Develop and recommend systems software
- Support installation/de-installation of all hardware devices for the mainframe systems
- Develop, document, implement and maintain disaster recovery procedures
- Keep abreast of the latest technical developments and trends in our z/OS, z/VSE and z/VM systems support, management, administration and performance
- Monitor and tune z/OS, z/VSE, z/VM mainframe systems to ensure good performance, reliability and availability at the lowest possible cost
- Provide excellent customer service that will support and enhance Company operations
- Maintain key vendor relationships
- Develop and/or maintain internally developed systems software.
- Provide support for our Web Infrastructure software on both mainframe and Linux environments
- Provide capacity planning and management for the z/OS, z/VSE and z/VM systems
- Provide capacity planning and management for all data storage systems
- High school diploma or equivalent required – college degree preferred
- Minimum four years' experience administering and maintaining z/OS and/or z/VSE and z/VM systems software and program products
- Experience with either Linux, DB2, WebSphere MQ, RACF, and WebSphere Application Server is preferred
- Experience with disaster recovery implementations on z/OS, and/or z/VSE and z/VM
- Should possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Should possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Will be required to participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotation
This is a permanent position with an excellent suite of benefits including healthcare, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, vacation, and other leave options.