We are looking for Sr. Systems Administrator to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity. You will perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. You will perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions. You will perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary. You will perform regular file archival and purge as necessary. Additional responsibilities as follows:
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts & groups per request.
- Grants and removes access to server and related resources.
- Investigates and troubleshoots minor issues.
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configures/adds new services as necessary.
- Upgrades and configures system software per project and/or operational needs.
- Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Maintains data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Prepares basic reports and presentations as requested or necessary within IT team
- Engineers SA-related solutions for various minor projects and operational needs.
- Contributes to and maintains system standards.
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for sys admin tasks.
- Investigates and troubleshoots complex issues.
- Repairs/recovers from hardware and software failures; coordinates and communicates with impacted end users.
- Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configures CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Prepares reports and presentations as requested or necessary within IT & minor customers.
- Engineers SA-related solutions for various complex project and operational needs.
- Leads teams to provide advanced design, architecture and diagnostic support.
- Prepares reports /presentations as requested or necessary within IT and internal/external customers.
- Ensures proper capacity planning is in place.
- Ensures the effective and efficient system setup and operation.
- Ensures teams adhere to Chevron technology direction and policies.
- Drives the cultivation of OE culture within the team. Defines end-to-end processes in support of OE.
You should have the following skills:
- 6+ years of experience
- Has Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or UNIX, Linux equivalent certification.
- At least a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and certified in at least one of the following technologies: Exchange, OCS, Blackberry, Iron Port, Configuration Manager, ISA/Proxy, Storage (Legato, IPStor & SAN), NetGil/Citrix, SharePoint 2007, Anti-Virus, F5, Siteminder, VMware, etc.
- ITIL Certified for Support Services.
If this sounds like you, please apply today to begin a conversation about this opportunity!