Title: Sr. Storage Operations Engineer (Isilon F800)
5+ years’ experience configuring, managing Isilon storage subsystems (2 years F800 based clusters) in a high-volume, high-availability task-based enterprise (Linux, UNIX, Windows, VMware) environment. Support daily operations (provisioning, troubleshooting, data migrations, etc.). Role requires routine usage of CLI, NFS, SMB, IPv6 and a solid background in the use of storage administration tools, procedures and best practices.
Isilon F800, Linux, Windows, VMware, SMB (Server Message Block or Common Internet File System), NFS (v3/v4), Multi-Site DR, Data Migrations, Systems Upgrades, Patches, Daily Operations
- Oversee Isilon (F800) upgrades, maintenance, migrations, installations and daily operations tasks.
- Work with vendors and customers to provide storage cluster user access issue phone support.
- Respond, resolve and escalate trouble or support tickets daily (ServiceNow or similar).
- Effectively communicate with team members, partners, vendors and customers.
- Navigate the process and solve issues using various means, collaboration and solutions.
- Respond to critical and non-critical storage events, prioritize all storage related tasks as appropriate.
- Perform complex vendor engagement and negotiations.
- Perform on-call support (off-hours / weekends) as required.
- NFS (v3 and 4 required), SMB, IPv6 (highly desired) and basic storage systems architecture and design.
- Hands-on EMC Isilon F800 storage engineering / administration (Linux/UNIX/Windows/VMware).
- Managing multi-protocol file systems where security permissions are maintained for NFS and SMB.
- Automation (Chef/Ansible, etc.) to ensure uniform and efficient system deployment and maintenance.
- Experience with data protection and backup recovery solutions a plus.
- Operational experience in a large PB / large cluster environment.
- Hands-on using OneFS CLI for pre-staging configurations and high demand configuration updates.
- Configuring, monitoring Isilon features (Smart Connect Advanced, Smart Quotas, SyncIQ, SmartLock).
- Plan, coordinate and perform system upgrades, patching and data migrations.
- Strong knowledge and recent usage of SMB in a large scale file sharing environment.
- Map Windows network drive to the Isilon cluster.
- Configure rules and other settings between Windows network and shares on the Isilon cluster.
- Grant permissions to users and groups to carry out various operations.
- Directly configure advanced Windows network settings a plus.
- Express aptitude and eagerness to push beyond boundaries and learn new things.
- Strong problem-solving skills and quantitative abilities.
- Work collaboratively within a matrixed team environment.
- Excellent project implementation, organizational, planning and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite, other related tools, processes and applications).
- Have interpersonal skills and presence to communicate/negotiate and interact effectively at all levels.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / TRAINING
4-year IT related college degree or equivalent experience. Various EMC storage systems training and certification a plus.