Potential contract-to-hire Opportunity with our client in the health insurance field!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Senior Solutions Architect
Location: Remote until Summer 2021, the onsite Durham, North Carolina
Term: 6 months + extensions or potential to convert to FTE
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years of progressive experience in a combination of IT development, design, and/or architecture disciplines with at least 2 years of solution architecture experience.
- If no degree, 12 years of progressive experience in a combination of IT development, design, and/or architecture disciplines.
- AWS (Top Priority)
- Consent Management
- Minimum of 3 years of application development experience delivering quality scalable software on time, on budget, and in compliance with customer requirements.
- Must have exposure to multiple, diverse technical integrations, technologies, and processing environments
- Experience in solution design principles, practices, system development methodologies, and software life cycles with experience in a combination of system and application architectures is required.
- Experience creating a comprehensive solution design
- Data Integration
- OpenShift, Java, node.js
- Serve as the senior solution architect on a given full Software Development Life Cycle project and vendor work; developing, maintaining, and reviewing application architecture throughout the project. May include leading proof-of-technology activities.
- Serve as Lead Project Architect on a project team (LPA) (including users, developers, and/or vendors), to plan, coordinate, analyze, design, review and implement application systems and/or enhancements to existing systems to meet current and future needs.
- Provide leadership in the development and adherence to all applicable standards, application portfolio strategy, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Walkthrough and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.).
- Ensure vendor work is accurately and thoroughly reviewed and also meets all applicable standards; identify gaps and/or opportunities in work to meet long term corporate goals.
- Contribute to and apply IT industry best practices.
- Participate in and/or lead a cross-functional IT Architecture group that reviews designs from an enterprise perspective.
- Participate in the design review process and support the overall Enterprise Architecture Management process. Also, influence and drive change to architecture processes, strategies, and standards, as needed.
- Support and mentor junior Solution Architects.
- Accountable for key design reviews and recommendations to management and IT governance, including:
o Selection and review of structural elements and their interfaces, by which a system is composed
o Behavior as specified in collaborations about those elements
o Composition of these structural and behavioral elements into larger subsystems
o Architectural system that guides this organization
o Architectural documentation creation and stewardship
- Support pre-project efforts in terms of working with the user team or vendor during meetings/presentations, crafting conceptual solutions, assisting with time estimates, and documenting designs.
- Develop Solution Architecture Models and Documentation (key written project deliverable) and/or oversee and approve the creation of architecture documentation.
- Provide technical expertise/coaching for others (i.e. EAI, J2EE); facilitate the development and provide direction on integration design patterns around services and interfaces; and monitor application architecture related to other areas of IS, the business community, and outside vendors to ensure the relevance of architecture to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with the broader architecture community to provide input into IT strategies and standards.
- Research and facilitate the development and review of the solution, integration, workflow, and web service standards.
- Facilitate conversations with business and applicable vendors to drive out capability needs and outcomes.
- Provide architectural leadership that supports insightful decision making, drive efficiencies in the development process, and maximizes the quality of technical deliverables.
- Create or review IT plans that manage clear and realistic expectations of what technology can offer in terms of products, services, and delivery mechanisms.
- Establish, maintain, and review enterprise architecture models to enable application development and decision-supporting activities, consistent with IT plans.