Sr. Software Engineer, Platform
As a member of the platform team, you'll work on scaling a platform that produces hundreds of billions of unique events consumed trillions of times throughout our geographically distributed datacenters every day.
- Minimum 5 years of meaningful professional experience
- Have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience working with big data systems (Spark, SparkSQL, HDFS)
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in Java
- In depth knowledge of NoSQL databases (Aerospike, Zookeeper) and SQL databases (Vertica, MySQL, Clickhouse)
- Ability to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Have a desire to solve large, complex problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Airflow
- Mentoring experience - You have a passion for guiding more junior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- You have led the implementation or adoption of a new technology across an organization