Position: Senior Software Engineer Consultant
Location: Charlotte, NC
Type: Permanent - FTE
Our client is looking for an experienced Software Engineer Senior Consultant II to join our API Central product. API Central is a platform that enables frictionless publication and consumption of APIs and connects the internal ecosystem of Allstate developers who are building internal API solutions, to other developers who are looking to leverage or integrate solutions to drive business outcomes.
- As a Software Engineer Senior Consultant II you will contribute to developer innovation for the company.
- Improving the experience of existing products to developing new products for the unit along with the strategic product vision.
- Serves as a member of a product team.
- Practice and champion the agile methodology and a product mindset within each product team.
- Leverage test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products.
- Actively participate in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participates in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Serves as an expert on a specific business domain and demonstrates leadership and accountability on at least one technology stack
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Practices daily paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building product
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Coaches more junior team members around different technologies and XP practices
- Participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 3+ years of developing and implementing systems at scale
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented design principles
- Basic understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies
- Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s