Our client is seeking a Senior Software Developer for a long-term contract located in Irving, TX. In this role, you will need to be an experienced Software Developer who enjoys collaborating with a team of engineers, designers, and product visionaries in transforming our legacy platform in to cloud based platform and innovate on latest technology, create awesome digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day.
- Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature
- Architect and design the technical solution and implement the solution
- Explore, assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving
- Partner and collaborate with peers in other technology teams
- Actively engages in product and technical discussions for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Expertise in writing APIs using Java and Spring framework.
- Expertise in building solutions on top of AWS such as Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, S3 and others
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience working with modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
- Strong experience in working with DevOps and Build pipelines.
- Expertise in development of Unit Test cases and Testing frameworks and scripting
- Experience working with enterprise technology platforms.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies including enterprise application integration, database design and configuration, operating platforms, security and networking.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills
- 7+ years Java development experience
- 3+ years AWS cloud experience
- Experience with POS is a plus.